Bar Bloody Humbug

John C.
John C. Posts: 2,113
Now that Christmas has gone I thought I'd get a few sportives entered, I've just checked the prices :( someones having a laugh. Entries last year may have been high but I know a lot of people in the private sector on 4 day weeks if they are lucky. I may be a tight yorkshireman but increases of 30% ( Fred Whitton) I feel are way over the top. Last year The Fred was one of my best days out on the bike ever and I had hoped to come back and crack the 8 hour mark. Oh well at least I have last years memories.
http://www.ripon-loiterers.org.uk/

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail
Hills are just a matter of pace

Comments

• petew
    petew Posts: 47
    agreed, I was planning on entering quite a few this year but by the time you add in transport costs it is rather a tidy sum, so I think I'll save the money and spend it on food instead ;)
  • Let's boicot them!
    Public roads, a couple of flapjacks and a few arrows... 30 pounds... ridicolous
    And it will probably rain all day...
    left the forum March 2023
  • John C.
    John C. Posts: 2,113
    Try the Richmond 5 dales 23 May fifteen pounds, entries open now info@richmondcyclingclub.co.uk
    I'm in
    http://www.ripon-loiterers.org.uk/

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail
    Hills are just a matter of pace
  • Mad march hare £8, Lakeland Loop £15. I've entered the two cheapest I found so far!!!
  • Ooh good, I won't bother staying up to download the FWC entry form at midnight tonight since there'll be no clamour for entries this time round!

On second thoughts, yes I will :wink:
  • brucey72
    brucey72 Posts: 1,086
    John C. wrote:
    Try the Richmond 5 dales 23 May fifteen pounds, entries open now info@richmondcyclingclub.co.uk
    I'm in

+1

Did this last year and it's a bargain. It offers everything the more expensive sportifs do as well as a nice baked potato with cheese and beans at the end :lol:

I don't understand how they can offer all this for half the price of most sportifs this year.

Also doing the Lakeland Loop again and they haven't put the price up either