Any suggestions of good rides North west/west yorkshire

ben306
ben306 Posts: 64
edited January 2009 in MTB rides
basically after any suggestions for decent rides within a decent distance of Littleborough/Rochdale.

Dont mind traveling, even better if I dont have to. I do have a number of local loops using the Pennine Bridleways and what not, but alot of sections arent exactly tecky.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    The Littleborough/Rochdale/Todmorden/Hebden Bridge/Burnley area is absolutely teaming with legit trails and bridleways, some of which are really tricky. You're spoilt for choice!

Best bet is to get yourself a copy of the OS Explorer map sheet OL21 (South Pennines) and get planning!

Oh, and have a look HERE and HERE.
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • Dave, could you recommend a loop that i'm not going to get lost on? (in the same areas as above) its the only thing putting me off going for some proper xc :(
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    then there isd also Dalby and if you want to dare go South there is Wharncliiffe.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Not to mention Lee Quarry in Bacup and also Stainburn.
  • dave_hill
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    Dave, could you recommend a loop that i'm not going to get lost on? (in the same areas as above) its the only thing putting me off going for some proper xc :(

I can recommend loads but I can't guarantee that you're not going to get lost! If I send you a route map all the information is there but if you can't read a map... :shock:
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • i'm not bad with a map... CCF in school n al that. i'm just not confident that i'd go anywhere worthwhile :lol:
  • dave_hill
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    i'm not bad with a map... CCF in school n al that. i'm just not confident that i'd go anywhere worthwhile :lol:

PM me your e-maill address, I'll send you a handful...
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • blazing saddles bike shop used to have a club that went out on wednesday nights and sundays in the area, but not ridden with them for a while but assume they're still going!
    have fun
  • Chaka Ping
    Chaka Ping Posts: 1,451
    I'm enjoying the routes I've followed in the Yorkshire Dales South mountain bike book - published by Vertebrae Graphics.

There's a north edition too, but I've stuck to the southern one as I drive from Leeds when visiting my in laws.
  • ben306
    ben306 Posts: 64
    cheers people.

I have fancied stainburn and Dalby but one of the issues I have is that non of my friends really ride which doesnt help.