Is Delamere Forest Any Good

ste123
ste123 Posts: 16
edited January 2009 in MTB rides
hey im going for a ride tomorrow with 2 of my friends and they have picked to go to delamere forest in cheshire i was wondering if anyone knew if it were any good. any answers much appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Heard its pretty good yeah, lots of jumps, cross country and some freeride as far as i'm aware...pretty much something for everyone :)

Always wanted to go myself but haven't made it down there as yet!

B
  • ste123
    Hmm sounds good, i only know that there is a few firetrials sooo. Thanks again
  • No problem... stick Delamere MTB into youtube, quite a few vids on there :)
  • ste123
    will do 8)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    You really need to be patient and *explore*

The first time I went I thought it was cack, just flat fire roads and a bit with some jumps.

I then went with someone who knew it like the back of their hand and since then it is one of my favourite places to ride! So many little brilliant sections just off the firroads :)
  • Its always good for a blast

Try the ride to the top of old pale (with the huge aerials on it)

The far side of whitefield car park some good rooty drops and long fast singletrack stuff back into the main forest

then explore out past the dirt jumping area think there's eventually going to be a 4X course
    If you fall off try again !

Trek EX8
    Handsome Dog XC01 with added ebay specials
  • Steve_b77
    Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
    Being a local, I can certainly vouch for the forest.

There's hours and hours of single track to explore, plenty of short sharp climbs followed by a couple of kool descents, you can link it with Primrose Wood on the other side of the A51 and that opens up all that side of the area.

3 hours can easily be lost within the forest itself.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Ta for the tips !