Hey

Oaten
Oaten Posts: 7
edited January 2009 in MTB beginners
Hey everyone Im a noob to all this.

My name is will 18 on the 13th, I want to start riding to get fit and have some fun like most people here are.

Ive not brought a bike just yet dont really want to be speanding to much as i have just brought my first car

So i would apprciate it if people could tell me if this bike would be any good for jumping and trails - http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/produ ... _Bike_2008

Thanks - Will

Comments

• Oaten
    Oaten Posts: 7
    Anyone?

:?
  • Not really herd about Barracuda bikes if i'm honest.. personally i'd save a bit longer and get something that will possibly last longer.
    If you are still tempted by the bike Its Cheaper Here

What sort of riding do you want to do?

B
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    How heavy and tall are you?
    And are you sure you just want the bike just for jumping? Because that one has
    very poor spec and the size is 14". No trail riding with that one.
  • jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    How about saving somemmore money up and then buying a specialized P series bike?
  • jayson wrote:
    How about saving somemmore money up and then buying a specialized P series bike?

thats alot more money
  • Yukon Lad
    Yukon Lad Posts: 423
    see if you can get a deal on a last years edition of a not too expensive bike like a spesh hardrock or a gt avalanche cos the shops need to get rid of stock so bike prices go down a lot

Yukon Lad
    Drop, Berm, Jump, Sky, Sky, Sky, Sweet Beautiful Earth OUCH, OUCH,OUCH, ****! GORSE BUSH!!!

Giant Yukon FX2
    Kona Stab Deluxe 2008
  • jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    Muddy.Bail wrote:
    jayson wrote:

thats alot more money

It is more money yes but it is a much better bike all round and is better value for the money HERE
  • Mattbot2
    Mattbot2 Posts: 384
    Shame you missed out on my bike really.
    2q2kfno.png
    ^^^ Click for pictures of my bike ^^
  • Atz
    Atz Posts: 1,383
    Make sure you're being realistic about the sort of riding you're doing. If you're not going to do dirt jumping and by jumping you mean a few hops and drops when trail riding then buy a trail bike. If you want to go dirt jumping, get something for that as they're very different animals.

Merlin have the Commencal Normal for a great price at the moment.
  • Yukon Lad
    update have a look at this, endinburgh bikes have got a big sale on, with hrdrocks for less than 200 quid, have a look
    http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/ebwPNLq ... tVersion=1
    Drop, Berm, Jump, Sky, Sky, Sky, Sweet Beautiful Earth OUCH, OUCH,OUCH, ****! GORSE BUSH!!!

Giant Yukon FX2
    Kona Stab Deluxe 2008
  • In a word "no", the fork is not much good for jumping and the frame is not much good for trails. If you are looking for something for general trail riding and having fun, take a look at the GT range. Starts at around £200.

Marv
    What tree ? ...........

Trek 8000 ZR XC hardtail.
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    edited January 2009
    Mate if you didn't know that, you can post replys in your own post.

EDIT, sorry, didn't saw your second post. :lol:

And for 200 I would definitely take the Hardrock that Yukon Lad suggested.
    Or look at the Gt's, like MarvintheAndroid said.

***888***
  • Yukon Lad
    GT's are definitely good bikes and so are hardrocks, test ride each and decide which one you like best and don't forget to get the highest model that you can afford and leave money for vital kit like gloves and a helmet

Yukon Lad

Giant Yukon FX2
    Kona Stab Deluxe 2008