Cardiff XC?

canada16
canada16 Posts: 2,360
edited January 2009 in MTB rides
Hey

I have lived in cardiff for 8 years now from canada, and I love the city, I have been to cwmcarn and soon afan and other places.

Does anyone know, besides the lame paved taff trail of any sort of off road places in cardiff?

Thanks

Comments

• christk
    christk Posts: 122
    LOADS! I live in Bridgend but have ridden lots of trails around North Cardiff and Cearphilly area. A good starting point is Castell Coch where the trails then go into the woods. You could even just follow the tyre tracks as there are so many trails and because you've lived in the area for years you should be able to find your bearings with no problems. Alternatively is sometimes a ride posted on the MTB Wales web site that leaves from Tongwynlais on Sunday mornings 10:30am. Really good set of boys
  • canada16
    Thanks for that.

People say there is trails up by castle coch but never really been up there.

Do you just follow the taff trail to the castle or do you need to veer somewere else.

Thanks
  • christk
    christk Posts: 122
    Because I live in Bridgend, I take the car and park up just below castle. I noticed you said you were due to visit Afan. If you aven't been yet and looking to hook up with someone then just post a day and I'll try my best to make it.
  • canada16
    Just bought a mate a be-one bike for his missus for x-mas, he is quite new, been trying to get him to go tomoz, he has a van so handy for the bikes.
  • canada16
    He wants go get his fitness up, so we are doing the taff.

Be a good day, havnt been down there in a while.