Good wheel builder

gibbon365
gibbon365 Posts: 151
edited January 2009 in Pro race
I know exactly what i want, Red tune hubs, built with dt swiss 1.1 28H rims, cx ray spokes, and red dt swiss alloy nipples. from various retailers the parts come out at about £260, i just need recommendations of good wheel builders and approx prices please.

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Where do you live?
  • Bristol
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Thats a cool set-up :-)

when i was a young-fella we used to cream at the thought of DT Swiss double-butted on GP4s with a mavic hub ...

Yum
    www.dotcycling.com
  • good choice of kit.

find either someone who's been doing it 20+ years and has a spoke tension meter or a dt swiss qualified wheelbuilder. should be about 30-40gbp for a good wheel.
    yep, my letter 0 key is bust
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    Paul Hewitt http://www.hewittbikefitting.co.uk/inde ... age=wheels Best wheelbuilder in the UK.
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • Japp
    Japp Posts: 2
    Pete Matthews end of story. He does build wheels for many Pros. I had some MTB wheels built by him and the were absolutely bomb proof. I have a friend who time trials and he went with my recommendation and has never had to touch the wheelset. Pete is based in Liverpool but well worth the trip. I heard Sean Yates had his wheels built by Pete but can't confirm that and was never quick enough to catch him and ask him at a TT.