am i mad???

little wiser
little wiser Posts: 662
edited December 2008 in MTB beginners
hi all hope i have not lost all my sense not that i had much anyway :D . so to cut a long story short been commuting every day on old bike which i still love but freehub has died and cannot get one :( . brought a rockhopper sport which i have sold, forks s**t. got road bike a ctws,and have now just brought a merlin malt 4 cus i fell in love :D:D (dont tell missus),gonna use it to commute on in winter and off road on days off. in short am i mad :roll:

Comments

• Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Yeah, but it's a common syndrome on here. I think I'm freakish because I only own 2 bikes :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Mattbot2
    Mattbot2 Posts: 384
    I own one!

Mwahaha.
    2q2kfno.png
    ^^^ Click for pictures of my bike ^^
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Do bikes in bits count? I think really I own one bike, and a ****load of parts :roll:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • hi mattbot do you like it i think it looks stunning. and northwind i think it counts i now have two complete bikes on in bits and a one off cost a fortune never sell supermoto. my missus is understanding and i sort the money out :D
  • Mattbot2
    hi mattbot do you like it i think it looks stunning. and northwind i think it counts i now have two complete bikes on in bits and a one off cost a fortune never sell supermoto. my missus is understanding and i sort the money out :D

Yeah, I do love it. It's brilliant.

Got myself this helmet today.

http://www.giro.com/site/#/product/cycl ... indicator/

In red / black, to go with the bike of course. ;)
    2q2kfno.png
  • could not see the one on your link mattbot i need to install flash player8??, but did a quick image search and very nice how much you pay?. not that i can get one yet skint for a few mths what with xmas etc and my spending on bikes and kit :D suppose i should think about saving some for the credit crunch :oops:
  • Mattbot2
    The bike was £220.

The helmet was £35 (but I got for £30 because my LBS is awesome)
    2q2kfno.png
  • i just paid £425 for a mint one hope that was a good price? may well copy your helmet choice but doubt lbs would be off much use :cry: . oh the pics of my bike are in the for sale section mtb just sold have a look tell me what you think?
  • dunker
    dunker Posts: 1,503
    reckon you got a great deal, love mine :)
  • i only own 1 bike but i would like lots (namely a lapierre spicy) of all-mountain bikes just cos i like them but they are very expensive

Yukon Lad
    Drop, Berm, Jump, Sky, Sky, Sky, Sweet Beautiful Earth OUCH, OUCH,OUCH, ****! GORSE BUSH!!!

Giant Yukon FX2
    Kona Stab Deluxe 2008