Where else can I ride locally?

Rich9
Rich9 Posts: 1,635
edited January 2009 in MTB rides
Off out tomorrow, but bored of my current route/s. Where else can I go within easy reach?.....I live near Denby Dale. Anyone else out tomorrow nearby?
2014 Whyte T-129S

Comments

• dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    Well you're not a million miles form the Peak really! Or take a trip to the Todmorden/Hebden Bridge area. Wish you'd said sooner, just been out this morning freezing my bits off! Has to be said though that full face lids keep your head a bit warmer on days like this!
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • There's plenty of bridleways/tracks around Silkstone, Hugset woods, Silkstone Fall , trans pennine trail, penistone-langsett, gunthwaite etc, or from Winscar Res - yateholme res and the bridleway north of woodhead pass etc. you can ride from denby dale to the grenoside woods circuits via the tpt easy enough, or are these the sorts of places you usually go. If so get the Dark Peak Mountain Biking guide from Vertebrate graphics and get into the peak.
  • http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mountain-Bike-G ... 422&sr=8-1

There's a fewgood local routes in this book as well, I think you can get it at Gooutdoors at Middlestown.
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    thanks, I'll check the book out and do a bit of research.
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • Denby Dale is on my regular routes from Barnsley to Penistone, Holmfirth area.
    Should be able to find loads of routes (depends on how far you usually go).
    I've found all my routes from OL1 Ordnance survey map.