Hydraulic disc brake problem

alex16zx
alex16zx Posts: 153
edited December 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
last month the wheels were nicked off my bike (i know, i know...will never leave them unlocked for even a few minutes again :oops: ) and i've got some new ones but the fluid has escaped from the brakes, probably from me pressing the levers by accident when carrying it around. In addition to this, the pads are now so close together that i can't get the wheels in without the discs rubbing against the pads. Are these two things related and should it be pretty easy for my LBS to sort? I don't really want to try anything with these brakes myself as my knowledge of hydro brakes is basically nil (as you can probably tell!).

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Yep, you need to fully bleed the brakes, and push the pistons all the way back into the bores. Which you have to do anyway when bleeding.
  • alex16zx
    alex16zx Posts: 153
    Right, thanks. Sounds like something I could probably do myself but I think the bastards knocked the derailleur slightly out as well so it could do with an all-round service as well. The problem will be getting it to my LBS. Might have to slip the bus driver a fiver :lol: