sorry another which jacket thread

andy83
andy83 Posts: 1,558
edited December 2008 in Commuting chat
Looking for a decent jacket to keep me warm during colder times, currently only have a thin windproof atm which is ok with bib, base layer and ls cycle top but would like summin bit warmer

preferably off wiggle as i have some vouchers for there

also unsure whether to get decent waterproof or windproof, the otption just confuse me lol

budget around £60 i know i aint going to get much for that but its about my budget as have a fair amount of other stuff i need

thanks

Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Andy - I bought the Gore Phantom Windstopper yesterday and it's the absolute business. I'm prone to getting cold on the bike, but this jacket just doesn't let any cold air in. I wore it yesterday afternoon with a baselayer and short sleeved cycling top. It's brilliant. Best jacket I've ever bought. It's 98 quid in Evans, although it may be in Wiggle's 10% off January sales. It also repels water for a certain amount of time (I don't know for how long).

For the commute, I use the Altura Night Vision jacket - cost about 60 quid. It's not particularly breathable, but I never get cold in it and it keeps the British rain out. :D So this might suit both your needs. It might come in black too, so it doesn't look as skanky as my lumo yellow one (it badly needs a wash).
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    went for the nightvision, along with over £100s worth of other stuff i needed, might get one of the gore ones for next winter when ill be hopefully doing a lot more miles on my new shiny road bike should work sort out the cycle to work scheme lol