Not a good ride

ubatuba
ubatuba Posts: 7
edited December 2008 in The bottom bracket
Went out this afternoon for a quick training ride, having a good ride when a car overtaking me hit a dog that had come through the hedge.
The old boy driving the car stopped bloody miles up the road, so it was left to me to deal with this poor lurcher.
The owner turned up after about 5 minutes, but sadly the dog had just died.
awfull, awfull experiance.

Comments

• Man that's horrific. I'm a Weimaraner owner and if anything happened to him I don't know what I would do. Animals in pain are not a nice experience.

Just for good measure I'm off to give mine a good cuddle right now just to let him know that he's my best buddy!!!
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • Red Rock
    Red Rock Posts: 517
    :cry:

Not a nice thing to have to deal with, but it would have been a lot worse if the dog had brought you down in front of the car.

Red Rock
  • Red Rock wrote:
    :cry:

Not a nice thing to have to deal with, but it would have been a lot worse if the dog had brought you down in front of the car.

Red Rock

+1

Animals on the road are such a danger. Just like that time I passed a horse and it decided it would throw the rider off and trample him. The poor bugger had to be airlifted away, while the horse ran off down the road.

Pedro
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • Man that must suck, my dad and I hit a deer near stansted airport and had to tend to it till the cops came to put it down.

Tragic experience that nearly had me in tears.

I feel your pain my friend.

Sean
    2007 Fuji Newest 3.0.
    !!Upgrades!!!!!
    Cateye Velo 5 Computer

2009 Mongoose Subject BMX
    !!Upgrades!!!!!
    Sky blue tires
    New seatpost and seat ( made by pivotal)