Reader's Digest Prizes

drewfromrisca
drewfromrisca Posts: 1,165
edited December 2008 in The bottom bracket
Do these things actually pay out??? I've had a letter today saying I've won a prize :roll:

Has anyone ever won something from them?
There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!

Comments

• what have you won?

"loads of money or a pen" type thing?

if so, enjoy writing.
  • well it says 30,000...would be nice.

• Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Is it the 'buy something to enter' sort of thing? I bought a DIY manual in the hope of winning £5 000 - I 'won' a pen. It was a glorified bookies pen, IMO ie total crap, same as the manual.

On the plus side, it perfectly fitted the hole in the pub toilet door's lock. Somehow the thread on the bit that you push the bolt home with had become loose, fell off and rolled out under the door. I'd still be there today if it wasn't for that pen.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • does it definitely say that 30,000 is the only option? Not just the BEST and most eyecatching from a (perhaps obscurely written) list culminating in a toilet door opening pen?

I've always thought readers digest prize draws were, eventually, real. But to actually win anything you have to actively enter (perhaps multiple rounds?) by responding to the "You've won 30,000 (or a pen)" junk mail that starts the ball rolling.

Have you been actively pursuing this prize draw? Or did it fall from heaven?
  • Oh it fell from heaven all right!!! I haven't entered anything. I think it's a combination of 30,000. could end up being 5 quid!