Chain Reaction Cycles still "Processing"

missmarple
missmarple Posts: 1,980
edited January 2009 in MTB general
Hi chaps,

Ordered some gear yesterday at around 3 O' Clock - Forks, Crankset and Saddle for the bike and paid £5.99 for Next Day Delivery yet the order page still states "Processing" so it seems unlikely I'll get it today which is incredibly frustrating. Does anyone know if the website doesn't update like it should?

Otherwise I shall have to claim a refund on the postage! :evil:

Comments

• Hi - I recall orders have to be submitted before 3pm, so the timing of your order may be important here.
    They say that all orders (where item is in stock) will be dispatched the same day if received before 3pm. What's not clear is if that applies to next day orders too - suspect it does.

Also - I've only ever had one confusing order with CRC in my time and that was when an item was out of stock - I was never sure when i was getting my order and I recall it not being tagged correctly, so maybe a stock issue ?

Good luck.
  • Mark_K
    Mark_K Posts: 666
    i ordered on Sunday and its still showing my order as processing ? So I e-mailed them and they said it had been despatched today ??? Hopefully it will turn up tommorow :)
  • Mark_K
    Hmm just gone to recheck my order status and web site is down !!!!!!!!
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Website is down because their sale has started, always happens.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Mmmm

been down since lunch time, been trying to check the status of an order placed on Saturday, was hoping it would turn up tomorrow, not so confident now :( .
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • missmarple
    I'm sure having a downed website won't affect completing the orders, if I don't get mine tomorrow I can reclaim postage for £5.99! 8)

Mind you, when I emailed them to ask about when the next batch of Funn brakes were due in they had updated the dates the following day - can't really fault them!
  • i ordered something at about 11/12 o'clock and paid for next day delivery and it hasn't arrived yet but when i rang them they told me that it had definitley been dispatched and should be here today

Yukon Lad
    Drop, Berm, Jump, Sky, Sky, Sky, Sweet Beautiful Earth OUCH, OUCH,OUCH, ****! GORSE BUSH!!!

Giant Yukon FX2
    Kona Stab Deluxe 2008
  • missmarple
    Well, at close of business my order is STILL in "Processing" - I can't even get through the phone lines; I've rung 6 times throughout the day! :evil:
  • that is weird, i rang them 10 mins before closing and they still picked up

Yukon Lad
    Drop, Berm, Jump, Sky, Sky, Sky, Sweet Beautiful Earth OUCH, OUCH,OUCH, ****! GORSE BUSH!!!

Giant Yukon FX2
    Kona Stab Deluxe 2008
  • I placed an order at about 10pm on the 27th, was posted on the 29th and I got it today. That's with free postage. They must get a lot of orders so obviously the occasional one slips through.
    Paypal fee calculator - http://www.rolbe.com/ppcalc.htm

A useful tool...
  • missmarple
    Oh well, lets hope my £130 worth of kit does turn up tomorrow or I shall not be a happy bunny for the new year. :cry:
  • update, my package has not arrived and they say it should be hear by tomorrow but as they dispatched within half an hour of my order it is parcel forces fault for not getting delivered so i will be ringing them up and asking where it got to and how it took them half a day and a whole night to delivery a small box (handlebars, grips, brake levers and brake fluid)

Yukon Lad

Giant Yukon FX2
    Kona Stab Deluxe 2008
  • i ordered of them on sunday and my package arrived in this mornings post as expected! (one from woollyhatshop ordered the same time didnt though!:( )
    didnt realise you could pay for postage on crc lol! anything i have ever ordered has always been here next day.
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • missmarple
    Yukon Lad did CRC give you a tracking number or are CRC making up stories?
  • i checked the tracking no. and it is definitel despatched but its now in the hands of some delivery driver on new years eve to get it to me so not exactly hopeful

Yukon Lad

Giant Yukon FX2
    Kona Stab Deluxe 2008
  • missmarple
    I can't even get on the website now, I am met with "Server is too busy" and the busy tone on the phone constantly? :x
  • missmarple
    Finally got through to the phone lines, spoke to a polite Irish lad who stated that due to a backlog of orders over Christmas my order would be dispatched today and arrive on Friday - he even offered to refund postage costs without prompt.

Not a bad result really!
  • i got off not too bad either, my parts arrived today at 8:10 so i'm not too annoyed so proably won't ask for my money back on the postage cos it only tok two days to arrive and seeing as everything else is in order and i saved a lot of money buying from them in the forst place cos of their good prices i think i'll just let it slide

Yukon Lad

Giant Yukon FX2
    Kona Stab Deluxe 2008
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Still waiting for my order but I got my new jockey wheels from Ebay this morning which I ordered at the same time so all is not lost (and I did go for the free postage option so no cause for complaint yet).
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • Mark_K
    Ordered my Bike + some other bits on sunday i got a traking number e-mailed to me last night saying they had been dispatched at 18:10 ? even though i got a e-mail from them at luch time saying that had been dispatched ? Traking number shows my bike stuck in Belfast so dont look like i'll be getting my new toy today :cry:
  • Mark_K
    And the CRC web site is running soooooo slow :shock:
  • i think judging by the amount of people just on this thread trying to get on and make use of the flood sale they must be a it snowed under so i'm not surprised, its bound to happen

Yukon Lad

Giant Yukon FX2
    Kona Stab Deluxe 2008
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    You should try faxing them in and you`ll get an immediate response.they even rang me recently after I faxed.Fax is the new e-mail!
    I never pay for for postage and usually get my stuff the next day.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • missmarple
    Well for ****sake, it is Friday morning and my Parcel is now shown at being at the National Hub in god damn Coventry - just my luck that the "Hub" had an incident last night according to the phone lines.

If my Parcel does manage to ship to my Depot tonight then I will get it on Saturday, if not I will get it on Monday - I HATE Parcelforce - first time I use them and bam something goes completely wrong, whats even worse is the fact I paid £5.99 for nothing; why can't CRC use CityLink instead?!!? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • antfly
    It`s new year and everyone`s off "sick" what do you expect?
  • missmarple
    Antfly, it isn't New Year - New Year was yesterday - I have been told there was a "mechanical incident" at the Hub.

"Being off sick" is no excuse not to ship a parcel on time, a workforce thousands of people strong aren't all going to be affected by NYE.
  • antfly
    Fair point.I was thinking more of CRC being slow,it is annoying but that`s why I never order anything at Christmas or new year,it all goes to co#k.
  • RyanB
    RyanB Posts: 116
    Well, I'm just back from CRC's new shop, and let me tell you, it is very very busy.
  • missmarple
    No, its nothing to do with CRC - they were superb; got it out as fast as possible.

Parcelforce are the frustration here, fancy having a "mechanical error". :cry:
  • Mark_K
    Well ordered my new bike on the 27th dec parclforce show they had it at 30-12-2008 12:13 Belfast Central Depot On route to hub. Well here we are on the 2nd jan and it still shows on route to hub ????? so dont look like it will be this weekend, so much for 48 hr delivery ?and yes i know its not the best time of year but still??? :cry: