Ascent details into Garmin Training Centre

mikeh202
mikeh202 Posts: 45
edited December 2008 in Workshop
Can anyone help me with this please - I am a new user of a 705, when I finish a ride I can upload it into my PC and get DIst, time, ave pace, ave spead, ave heart rate, max heart rate and average cadence but the total ascent and descent data isn't showing in the totals tab. Any ideas?
I am pretty sure the unit is working because i can see this data during the ride and elevation is available in the graph screen in teh training centre.

Hope someone understands what I mean???? Thanks

Comments

• You should downloand Sport Tracks instead. It's absolutely fantastic! I only found out about it via this forum but I can tell you first hand that it's head and shoulders better than the Garmin Training Centre.
  • Thanks for that I'll have a go at it tonight.
  • +1 for sporttracks. And get the elevation correction plugin, so the data you're talking about will be more accurate.

Sorry I can't help with training centre. I only looked at it once before defecting to sporttracks.
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    what version firmware are you running? 2.5 corrected a load of bugs.
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • Thanks - how do I check the firmwaer version please and if I do need to update where are the updates - I don't seem to be finding my way around Garmins web site too well.
  • Download the Webupdater software from the Garmin website - this connects to your GPS and will do any required updates to the firmware/GPS Chipset. This removes the need to look for different bits of software.
  • nice one thanks - I'll give it a go.

Also still trying to crack Sport Tracks - just out of interest why does everyone think its so much better than training centre - I must be missing something - it looks kind of similar to me!
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    mikeh202 wrote:
    why does everyone think its so much better than training centre - I must be missing something - it looks kind of similar to me!

i dont! never liked it. Training centre / motion based do me. 8)
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • rb1956
    rb1956 Posts: 134
    SportTracks is Windows-only. :(
    Garmin Training Centre offers Windows and Mac versions. :)