Aargh, new frame dilemma!

Northwind
Northwind Posts: 14,675
edited December 2008 in MTB general
New (to me) Scandal frame just arrived! I have all the bits for it (either new, or nicked off the old bike) but I've also just bought a set of Revelations off a forum member... I can't decide, build the Scandal up with the Toras, or wait til the Revelations arrive. What do you reckon? On the one hand, I want to build it NOW!!!one!1! But on the other, it'd be nice to make all the changes simultaneously so I feel the biggest effect. But then on the other other hand, maybe it'd be nice to do one change at a time, to get a feel for what bits are affecting what.

What do you reckon? I'm incapable of making a decision without internet assistance :roll:
Uncompromising extremist

Comments

• pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    Build it and swap the forks when they arrive - it doesn't take long and its fun to tinker :D
  • Northwind
    Especially when you have 3 hands :lol: It's definately an option. The main thing is that I don't have enough parts for 2 whole bikes, so I have to disable the old Kraken to give the Scandal a drivetrain and brakes.

I could go for the fourth hand, and build it with my XCR 120s, that'll make it feel even better when I fit the revelations 8)
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Chaka Ping
    Chaka Ping Posts: 1,451
    You must be a nightmare when you;re ordering in a restaurant.

If you want to ride it before the Revs arrive then stick your old forks on. If you don't then don't.
  • Northwind
    I'm great in a restaurant, all these other hands come in very useful clearing tables.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • get it ridden chap!
  • Northwind
    I've compromised and taken the old bike to bits, without building the new one up- best of both worlds, right?
    Uncompromising extremist