xc forks ,talas or reba or F120?

GregC
GregC Posts: 65
edited January 2009 in XC and Enduro
I'm building a Titus motolite that's got adjustable 4"-5" travel with Fox RP23 shock .
I'm not sure which fork to go for . I like the idea of the adjustable Fox Talas with a 15mm axle but it's dam expensive £680 ! Any thoughts on the rock shox adjustable Reba or do you think I should stick with a Fox F120 RLC with 15mm axle ? --or anything else for that matter !!
The Fox forks do seem v expensive ,are they worth it ?
I want to keep the bike light as I want to do some enduros this year .

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I think the Reba with the 20mm axle is lighter than the Fox 120 15QR. Certainly cheaper, and with cureent reviews, probably better too!
  • icedmind
    icedmind Posts: 206
    no one actually tested n compared the 09 fork completely after fox redesign their forks this year
    i would go for the new talas wif 15mm axle personally coz its adjustable n match the rp23 at rear
    i wont go 4 U-turn(rockshox) forks coz its takes 2long to tune travel compare to talas/ manitou minute
    08 Swork Stumpy FSR with 3 brains
    "2Brains. A Singletrack Mind ", from specialized <<<suppose if the rider doesnt have one
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    5 seconds instead of 2?!
  • GregC
    just bought the Talas ! £100 off at Certina,Saltash .
    They've got 15-20% off all bikes /kit incl 2009 bikes ,new Epic looks awesome !
  • Amos
    Amos Posts: 438
    Reba from those options.
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    Reba or Rev.
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • GregC
    Amos
    Just been having a look at your motolite pictures ,bike looks great ,I've just got one of the ltd edition frames with Chris king headset/seat clamp and hanger in mango (very flash !) .
    How are you getting on with it ? What's it like climbing ?
    I hopefully will have mine built up by April ,funds permitting .I'm looking at either hope Pro II wheelset or XT and hope minis next with XT cranks and XTR front mech/XO rear+cassette .
  • GregC
    [quote="AAmos
    Just been having a look at your motolite pictures ,bike looks great ,I've just got one of the ltd edition frames with Chris king headset/seat clamp and hanger in mango (very flash !) .
    How are you getting on with it ? What's it like climbing ?
    I hopefully will have mine built up by April ,funds permitting .I'm looking at either hope Pro II wheelset or XT and hope minis next with XT cranks and XTR front mech/XO rear+cassette .mos"]Reba from those options.[/quote]
  • Amos
    Amos Posts: 438
    I've had my motolite for just under a year now and it has exceeded my expectations. I use to ride a hardcore hardtail (Cove Stiffee) but decided I wanted to do more longer distance rides so I went for the Motolite.

I find climbing on it is a lot easier than my old bike. It weights in a 27.5lbs so its not the lightest build ever, but its burly enough to take the knocks.

I know earlier I said I would pick the Reba from your list of choices, but when I took a demo model out for a couple of weekends that had the Rockshox Revelation and that fork was awesome, a lot stiffer than the Fox I have on my Motolite. Definetly worth considering that fork.

Mine is built up with XT transmission and I got my wheels built at my LBS, DT4.2s laced on King hubs.
  • wing
    wing Posts: 10
    hiya m8. i stuck rebas on my fsr xc and i think they r the muts. 100 mm with poploc, 3.5 lb for £230