Marmotte vs Granfondo Sportful

xbenhanleyx
xbenhanleyx Posts: 73
Having completed the Marmotte for the past three years, I was thinking about doing something different for 2009. I've heard that the Grandfondo Sportful (previously Granfondo Capmagnolo) was similar and thought I might give it a go. I would like to hear from anyone that can advise on how it compares with the Marmotte, in terms of difficulty, number of entrants, and how well organised it is.

Thanks,
Ben

Comments

• Booboocp
    Booboocp Posts: 1,156
    A fantastic sportive and one I will do again one day. Very good organisation, routes and scenery.

Prior to doing the Marmotte, I would have said it was the hardest sportive I've done (this of course does not include the Paris-Roubaix event which I don't think can be classed with other sportives!) and it is a close call to choose between the two in terms of difficulty. Do it - you won't regret it and the time spent in the Dolomites is to die for. :D
    <b>Event Website:</b> http://www.whiteroseclassic.co.uk
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    The Marmotte is harder but the Sportful/Campagnolo is certainly up there as one of the toughest. If you want other challenges, look at the 240km Otztaler Cycle Marathon in Austria and the 270km Ardechoise Marathon. All four rides have over 5000m vertical meters of climbing. Together they are probably the hardest sportives.

You can then venture into ultra cycling events and the longer Alp Brevets but these are different forms of riding.