Bianchi/Colnango dilemma

cc10
cc10 Posts: 38
edited December 2008 in Road beginners
Hey,
I am buying my first road bike and am trying to decide between the BIanchi C2C which I've tried out and seems a pretty good fit. Or a colnago CLX.(I LOVE how this bike looks but haven't been able to try one) Theres a bit of a price jump between the two and wondered if there is that much of a difference other than the name and a bit of weight...am I best to go with the bianchi and put a few extra training hours and save some money?

I realise its a lot to spend on a first bike but I've competed internationally in a couple of other sports so want a bike that I can have for a few years without having to upgrade if I decided to take cycling seriously. Any advice on this would be appreciated.
Cheers

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Out of a Bianchi C2C and a 'nago CLX, I'd probably go the Bianchi, they seem better priced - afterall the CLX is just a taiwanese frame, just like the Bianchi rather than a true Colnago. There's nothing wrong with frames made in the far east, I'd just rather not pay for the extra for the Colnago Decals.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • I'd go for the Bianchi especially if it comes with Campag components.
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    you can buy the CLX frame only now which means you can put campagnolo equipment on it as it should have.

the CLX is a nice frame - I don't care where it is made - it looks great and seems to be liked (albeit with an odd seatpost design which seems a bit underdeveloped (crap??))
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Probably not much in it - after all, they're both made in Taiwan.