2007 Trance 3, Glasgow area.

scottyjohn
scottyjohn Posts: 143
edited January 2009 in MTB stolen
Hi all,
Just a long shot, but hopefully someone can help. I went down today to my underground garage at my flats and my bike was gone. The garage is secure with electric gates and the bike was secured to a large pipe with a heavy duty motorbike chain and padlock. They have cut through the actual chain and the two half links are lying on the ground :(

I stay in Glasgow, and wanted to put the word out to the community in the hope someone may have seen it or be offered it at some point.

Its quite unusual, its a 2007 Trance 3 frame in silver, but it has a bontrager race stem, easton hi rise monkey bars, full XT chainset and shifters, a pair of Roxshox white sids (2008), and a pair of white Gussett Slim Jim flat pedals. The bike looks quite unique so hopefully someone will see it somewhere.

There are a lot of other reasonable bikes in the garage, as well as quad bikes and jetskis etc, and they left my other bike which is reasonable value too. So it seems they were after my particular bike and nothing else, meaning they knew what they were looking for and are probably into mountain biking.

If you can help at all, then please PM me .

Cheers all!
:(

Comments

• Mattbot2
    Mattbot2 Posts: 384
    2q2kfno.png
    ^^^ Click for pictures of my bike ^^
  • scottyjohn wrote:
    meaning they knew what they were looking for and are probably into mountain biking.

Unfortunately if that's the case they will also see this post and any others you do on other sites. Then either strip the whole bike down and sell the whole lot on as parts via ebay etc or respray it and use it themselves, they may even nick several similar bikes, strip them down and rebuild them up using the parts from the other bikes so no one can trace their bike.

Not helping much an I ? :oops:
  • Sir HC
    Sir HC Posts: 20,148
    Topic moved.
    Intense Socom
    Inbred
  • sorry I didnt even know there was a stolen section on here, so I put it in the general section where most people would see it.

Ive since found the culprits on CCTV footage, 4 what look like teenage scroats all dressed in black hoodies and trackie bottoms. Cant see their faces or anything distinguishing so not much use really. Just hoping they are thick enough to post on ebay
  • Also keep a close eye on Gumtree

http://www.gumtree.com

I know it's based in London but well lets just say bikes from different areas have been discovered on here.
  • where bouts in glasgow are you mate as I am glasgow born and bred ( go up every week for the footy) with my mates...I can ask them to keep their eyes open.
  • dear scotty john we have recovered your bike :please reply to cyclelifeglasgow@btconnect.com
  • if that's serious, and it looks like it is, then this site maintains its ability to amaze me. nice one.
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    Aye, let us know if its true....
  • WOW! Unbelievable! I got my bike back!! :D with everything intact. Guy at a local bike shop (Bikechain in Dumbarton Rd) had seen this post and when a guy brought the bike in for a minor repair, he challenged him about it. The dude said he had bought it at a local market, and obviously didnt know what the bike was worth.
    Gives you hope that there are still people out there like these guys, who go out of their way to help a stranger. Considering they never supplied the bike, and Ive never used them for any work or spares, they totally put themselves on the line to return my bike. Needless to say where Ill be shopping and getting servicing done from now on!

Thanks to all at BikeRadar! A real community!
  • Argh
    Argh Posts: 14
    Mannn, you are sooo lucky!

Well done to bikechain and the Bike Radar community!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    topic closed.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
This discussion has been closed.