Forum home Road cycling forum Pro race

Di Luca's best of 08

iainf72iainf72 Posts: 15,782
edited December 2008 in Pro race
From todays cyclingnews. heh

Danilo Di Luca (LPR Brakes)

Best performance: I would have to say the way Alessandro Ballan performed at the Worlds Championships.
Biggest disappointment: It's normal to say 'doping.' There is no rider in particular, but doping in general in 2008.
Rider to watch in 2009: I am from Italy, so I will say an Italian. Vincenzo Nibali is a young and prominent rider, not just in stage races, but he is also a complete rider.
Most memorable race: The World Championships. I watched it on television at my home in Pescara, but some day I would like to win that race.
Biggest Surprise: Again, Ballan at the World Championships. He is a good rider, but at the Worlds he confirmed it. He was not one of the favourites going into the race but he had to be the surprise of the season.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Posts

  • mwomwo Posts: 57
    You've got to love him. I bet he said it with a totally straight face.
    It's normal to say 'doping.'

    So you'll say it because it's normal, but not because you mean it?

    LPR are part of Pat's passport now, and Danilo's railing against the dopers in cyclingnews. Are you seeing all of this ASO?
  • KléberKléber Posts: 6,842
    I think his doping ban expired just at the start of 2008. He spent a good part of the year funding lawyers to put his appeal to the CAS but lost. No wonder he doesn't like the doping stories, they keep reminding the public of the time Di Luca has spent pedalling lies, not pedalling his bike.

    Was he the only rider to return the calls of cyclingnews.com? A shame that they gave the oxygen of publicity to this exposed liar and proven cheat.
  • Dave_1Dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    I couldn't give a toss what this doper thinks
  • moray_gubmoray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Kléber wrote:
    I

    proven cheat.



    Has he actually ever returned a non negative and i mean under the world anti-doping code not the bikeradar forum code.

    MG
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Give the poor lad a break. Can he help it if Santuccione is his family doctor?
  • andypandyp Posts: 8,357
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Has he actually ever returned a non negative and i mean under the world anti-doping code not the bikeradar forum code.

    MG
    He seems to have friends in high places. Read this and decide for yourself if he doped or not. Somehow all that evidence led to him getting a 3 month ban in the off season for associating with a doctor barred from practising medicine.
  • Moray Gub wrote:
    Kléber wrote:
    I

    proven cheat.



    Has he actually ever returned a non negative and i mean under the world anti-doping code not the bikeradar forum code.

    MG

    Hi there,

    You don't have to return a non-negative test to break the Wada code. Rasmussen, David Millar Ivan Basso etc, etc.

    Cheers, Andy
  • moray_gubmoray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Kléber wrote:
    I

    proven cheat.



    Has he actually ever returned a non negative and i mean under the world anti-doping code not the bikeradar forum code.

    MG

    Hi there,

    You don't have to return a non-negative test to break the Wada code. Rasmussen, David Millar Ivan Basso etc, etc.

    Cheers, Andy

    So he hasnt returned an a non negative under the wada code then , good glad that one was cleared up pretty quick . Now where were we...............

    MG
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • moray_gubmoray_gub Posts: 3,328
    andyp wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Has he actually ever returned a non negative and i mean under the world anti-doping code not the bikeradar forum code.

    MG
    He seems to have friends in high places. Read this and decide for yourself if he doped or not. Somehow all that evidence led to him getting a 3 month ban in the off season for associating with a doctor barred from practising medicine.

    An awful lot of use words like apparently and clearly and highly suspected in there andy.

    MG
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Moray Gub wrote:
    So he hasnt returned an a non negative under the wada code then , good glad that one was cleared up pretty quick . Now where were we...............

    MG

    I remember where we were:
    Kléber wrote:
    proven cheat.

    He was proven to be a cheat when CONI suspended him at the end of last year no??
  • moray_gubmoray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Moray Gub wrote:
    So he hasnt returned an a non negative under the wada code then , good glad that one was cleared up pretty quick . Now where were we...............

    MG

    I remember where we were:
    Kléber wrote:
    proven cheat.

    He was proven to be a cheat when CONI suspended him at the end of last year no??[/quote

    Probably yes you are right but he hasnt returned an non negative he was suspended for assosiation.

    MG
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
Sign In or Register to comment.