Jump Bike Upgrades

Muddy.Bail
Muddy.Bail Posts: 343
edited December 2008 in MTB buying advice
Just bought a scott voltage yz35 and i would like to upgrade some stock parts, pics are in my signature so take a look and please make some suggestions

allready changing to ss,getting marzochi dirt jumper 3 forks and extending break cables.i have also just put on some dmr grips and v8 pedals.

thanks, Bail

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Do you need to upgrade a new bike?! Have you bought the right one?

A few ways to look at this. Persoanlly, apart from what you have don I'd leave it until parts break then upgrade/replace. Tyres are a possibilty from new.

If you plan to make a lot of changes, take of the parts now and sell them as new or you will waste a lot of money. But as above, maybe tyres and enjoy the bike!
  • supersonic wrote:
    Do you need to upgrade a new bike?! Have you bought the right one?

A few ways to look at this. Persoanlly, apart from what you have don I'd leave it until parts break then upgrade/replace. Tyres are a possibilty from new.

If you plan to make a lot of changes, take of the parts now and sell them as new or you will waste a lot of money. But as above, maybe tyres and enjoy the bike!

i am just considering for later on some parts arent the best and will break quickly
  • supersonic
    See what breaks, then replace! Can't see anything that would straight away, is a lottery really. Crank maybe a weak link, keep an eye on it, and hubs and spokes. Good servicing here will prolong them.
  • i was just thinking about the crank as it is plastic and is a very cheap quality but i will wait and see thanks for the advice supersonic
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,704
    I deleted your previous topic in here for a reason, and it wasn't to give you extra practise posting new topics. Use your topic in Jumping.
  • supersonic
    I got the email about the dual post, but the other topic had been deleted leaving just this when I went to the link! Or have I missed one?

*edit* I see it now, an oldie.

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12595870
This discussion has been closed.