Bileka's personal problems...

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited December 2008 in Pro race
Who remembers Popo's chum retiring for personal reasons?

Well, it turns out those problems were more like a 2 year ban for an EPO positive....

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/1297/Doping-In ... -uit.dhtml
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    How do you say "swept under the carpet" in Flemish?

The guy was busted back in April and the team release a press release on Christmas Day. Sneaky.
  • Kléber wrote:
    How do you say "swept under the carpet" in Flemish?

The guy was busted back in April and the team release a press release on Christmas Day. Sneaky.

Nothing gets past our Iain, though! :wink:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Keep up Blaze, the greatest cyclist ever says I don't know anything about cycling.

Silence are a strange team. They've never felt quite right especially after that did the doctor / didn't the doctor give Bjorn testosterone last year...
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Oof, another ex-Disco rider... whoda thunk it.

How can this happen though? Don't the UCI usually announce it when the A sample comes back?

Also, was it in-competition or out-of-competition?
  • iainf72 wrote:
    Keep up Blaze, the greatest cyclist ever says I don't know anything about cycling.

Well, it's this Christmas thing getting in the way.
    I had noticed. I've had something similar said, by another cycling "ego"....
    ....who then had to retract it when I was proven correct. :wink:
    Look on the bright side.
    You now pass Dennis's test of knowing the guy and I bet there a few jealous posters out there!
    afx237vi wrote:
    Oof, another ex-Disco rider... whoda thunk it.

Yes, they are all getting discovered, posting non-negatives. :oops: (terrible puns)
    I'm losing count.
    All these guys having to dope, just to keep their leader fed and watered.
    Oh, I'm sorry, of course, they all started after they left. :roll:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Kléber
    afx237vi wrote:
    How can this happen though? Don't the UCI usually announce it when the A sample comes back?
    Looks like they sat on this guy's story from April until Christmas day. Adds a new meaning to the team name of "Silence" - Lotto.
    silence_antisnoring_spray.jpg
    One spray from the bottle and you can hush any worrying news.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Kléber wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    Looks like they sat on this guy's story from April until Christmas day. Adds a new meaning to the team name of "Silence" - Lotto.
    silence_antisnoring_spray.jpg
    One spray from the bottle and you can hush any worrying news.

Cycling teams dont half have some bizzare sponsors i mean who in their right mind would use that stuff ?

MG
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Kléber
    There are two main segments of the population that follow cycle races: OAPs and housewives. You might think men are the core audience but for sponsors, cycling is one of the few sports able to reach pensioners and housewives, the afternoon-long broadcasts are ideal for a retired person to watch the countryside roll past on their TV. I've seen some marketing documents and cycling really is touted as a way to reach elderly viewers in France, Belgium and Spain.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    edited December 2008
    I never heard of him much. Why is he being discussed...an unknown fails a dope test...let's go to a juicy topic :)
  • Kléber
    True Dave, but did one of the biggest teams in cycling, home to the likes of Gilbert and Evans, sit on news of a positive dope test from April? Why was the press release issued on Christmas Day, always a "good day to bury bad news"?

I hope Bileka sorts himself out and does something useful during his ban but I have concerns over a cover-up within Silence-Lotto.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    It's all those big demands being placed by the team leaders and their motivational speeches, something like: "Keep up chaps or you'll be out of a job, and go anywhere near my dog and I'll stiff-ya! " (say it in a squeaky voice for added menace & effect)
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Kléber wrote:
    There are two main segments of the population that follow cycle races: OAPs and housewives. You might think men are the core audience but for sponsors, cycling is one of the few sports able to reach pensioners and housewives, the afternoon-long broadcasts are ideal for a retired person to watch the countryside roll past on their TV. I've seen some marketing documents and cycling really is touted as a way to reach elderly viewers in France, Belgium and Spain.

You may be right though i doubt elderly vierwers would have been great for their last sponsor then............a pregnancy kit !!!............altthough you never know.

MG
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !