Christmas morning ride

pottssteve
pottssteve Posts: 4,069
edited December 2008 in The bottom bracket
Dear All,
At approximately 6.00am Hong Kong time tomorrow (10.00pm UK time), I shall mount my bicycle and ride out into the warm, misty Hong Kong Christmas morning. Turning left, I shall speed out along the Sha Tau Kok road to take in the splendid views of Pat Sin Leng country park and Starling Inlet, my legs churning the big gear and the blood pulsing in my ears, before retracing my tyre tracks back home for breakfast. Father Christmas will have visited my son, and I'll have a steaming mug of coffee and a boiled egg with buttered toast soldiers to dip. All will be right with my world.

Cycling is the most civilised of pastimes.....

Merry Christmas, fellow civilians. :wink:
Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs

Comments

• Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    pottssteve wrote:
    Cycling is the most civilised of pastimes.....
    Try telling that to those afflicted with road rage and RLJitis..
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    I too hope to have a Christmas Day ride but since this is the first Christmas when mini-McBain will be speaking and able to appreciate the day I might just stay with him and go for a turbo session when he's gone to bed. Can't wait to get him his first bike :D:D

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • robbarker
    robbarker Posts: 1,367
    MTFU and ride up the peak on a fixie instead.
  • nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    RLJitis, MTFU.........what is the world coming to?
    so many cols,so little time!
  • Nuggs
    RLJitis, MTFU.........what is the world coming to?
    I think you mean "WTF is the world coming to?"

HTH
  • Philip S
    Philip S Posts: 398
    I'll be speeding around the centre of Edinburgh tomorrow morning. Really looking forward to it...
  • DaSy
    DaSy Posts: 599
    Planning on a spin up Cimla, Rhigos and the Blwch before Christmas lunch arrives....I just hope the Welsh weather holds out for it!
    Complicating matters since 1965
  • mathi
    mathi Posts: 110
    80 mile for me in the morning , riding across the Lincolnshire wolds to get my dinner 8)
  • just ridden 60 miles this morning in deepest Lincolnshire the weather was fantastic an awesome day.. although its starting to look a bit rubbish now.. cant complain though!
  • robbarker wrote:

(Sorry).....MTFU?????
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    I was planning on going out - and I've put my kit ready - but the forecast is getting worse everytime I check.

I'll be uber p!$$ed off in the morning if its foggy and/or icy mind.
  • Did an hour in the evening, and out again today for 2 hours up the Taf Trail. Fantastic weather, and a great antidote to xmas hangover!
  • Had an extremely pleasant pedal along Beach Rd (Melbourne) to Mordialloac and back - 65km and did the same on Boxing Day. Lovely warm morning with the water beside us :)
    There's no time for hesitating.
    Pain is ready, pain is waiting.
    Primed to do it's educating.
  • pottssteve
    Hi Schmidthouse,

How's the summer shaping up in Melbourne? I've often fancied visiting the area - is there much to do as a tourist, do you think? (I have a 7 year old son to entertain).
    Any advice appreciated.
    Cheers
  • pottssteve wrote:
    Hi Schmidthouse,

How's the summer shaping up in Melbourne? I've often fancied visiting the area - is there much to do as a tourist, do you think? (I have a 7 year old son to entertain).
    Any advice appreciated.
    Cheers

Apart from the way our test team is currently playing in the cricket, summer is shaping up well. The weather has been lovely, especially for cycling. There is a fair bit to do here, even with 7 year olds. Have a look at http://www.visitvictoria.com/ for a start
  • pottssteve
    Cheers, Smidthouse!
    Steve
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    Didn't manage a ride on the day, but now that I'm back from Uni I've managed to persuade my parents that one way they'd love to spend their time is acting as my team car in the Brecon bacons for 5 hours, passing me bottles and food as I want.

8)
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • Nuggs
    robbarker wrote:

(Sorry).....MTFU?????
    "Man The **** Up"
  • pottssteve wrote:
    Cheers, Smidthouse!
    Steve

No worries, feel free to PM me if you need more info
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I did 38 miles on Christmas day, wish I did abit more now, it was mostly flat, with some drags, I did not feel I was doing too good but I feel I could do better now, I am quickly improving after the 98 mile ride on Sunday, wish I could have done that on Christmas Day though.

GPS for Christmas Day:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/1649211