Passport photos

hisoka
hisoka Posts: 541
edited December 2008 in Commuting chat
Right, having decided I need to get myself a passport again (lost old one, short but annoying story) I had to get the passport photo's done last night.
Had the three tries, and I admit I don't have the best skin at the moment (always breaks out in winter with zits and everything, very annoying as nothing stops it) so wasn't expecting a great picture. Everyone I know hates their photo, but I don't hate mine. I think it is hysterical!
I've had so far "how the hell did a picture make you look so evil?" and "you look like you should be on america's most wanted" also my hair is a mid brown so it coming out as black on the picture is even more impressive.
It is the best i could do without breaking the photo rules, the neutral expression it seems on my face is "evil", and taking off the glasses as they suggest makes me even more evil then my normal happy fluffy teddy bear look.
Well what about everyone else, are you happy with your passport photo if you have one?
P.S. was thinking of scanning the picture and putting it up, but I would scare people so much that I think no one would ever want to talk to me again. hehe
"This area left purposefully blank"
Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)

Comments

• rb1956
    rb1956 Posts: 134
    I look like something from a mortician's slab in mine.
  • Mine has the same expression I pull when a car overtakes me and immediately stops. (I took the helmet and glasses off, though.)

Its such an effective expression that customs officials apologise to me all the time.
  • Hey Jax
    Hey Jax Posts: 107
    the consensus on mine is that I look like a Russian spy!
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    when I sent one off once to my old head of sixth form to sign, he sent back a reply which included the words "clinically dead"
    Current one not much better
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • I took Mrs G66's - well, the one that she selected of the 100s I took. I then set about it in Photoshop tidying it up a bit. I may have overdone it though, because her mummy mates expressed some mild outrage at her finished photo - "how can you use that?" "that's ridiculous. You don't look like unless you're going out etc". :D:D:D
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Greg66 wrote:
    I took Mrs G66's - well, the one that she selected of the 100s I took. I then set about it in Photoshop tidying it up a bit. I may have overdone it though, because her mummy mates expressed some mild outrage at her finished photo - "how can you use that?" "that's ridiculous. You don't look like unless you're going out etc". :D:D:D

well you don't use a passport when you are staying in do you?
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • I had a staff photo retaken several times once. My ablinism means I've got white hair and very pale skin. I was wearing a white shirt. The background was regulation white. The photographer underexposed the picture. It was just a pair of glasses and a tie! :D
    Pain is only weakness leaving the body
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    I had a staff photo retaken several times once. My ablinism means I've got white hair and very pale skin. I was wearing a white shirt. The background was regulation white. The photographer underexposed the picture. It was just a pair of glasses and a tie! :D

I can imagine that as a cool one if you could get your name as "the invisible man", seeing a chevy chase movie in my head now though.
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • rb1956
    rb1956 Posts: 134
    I had a staff photo retaken several times once. My ablinism means I've got white hair and very pale skin. I was wearing a white shirt. The background was regulation white. The photographer underexposed the picture. It was just a pair of glasses and a tie! :D
    Heh... Reminds me of getting ID-card photos when I was a student in London in the '70s. We were all photographed in front of a white screen, and all the West Indian students came out as black silhouettes punctuated only by the whites of their eyes and the gleam of their teeth.