Bike Fitting in the Midlands

Kneesaway
Kneesaway Posts: 56
edited December 2008 in Road beginners
Hi

Does anybody know where to get a good Bike Fitting in the Midlands. I'm sure my knees will benefit from being set up properly.

Comments

• JC.152
    JC.152 Posts: 645
    rourkes in stoke is really good for getting positions right because of his frame building in the shop.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Drive up to Paul Hewitt in Leyland, Lancashire. Great fitting for £50.
  • Julies Cycles in Leicester do it. And somewhere in B'ham there is a new Specialized superstore that does a really expensive bike fit.
    2 minute grovels can sometimes be a lot longer..tho' shorter on a lighter bike :-)

Ride the Route Ankerdine Hill 2008

http://peterboroughbigband.webplus.net/index.html
  • JC.152
    JC.152 Posts: 645
    where about in west midlands are you??
  • The Specialized store is at the Fort just off from J5/6 depending on which way ur coming up or down the M6.

Personally, i have travelled to RaceScene in Barnsley, truly amazing guys who know their stuff.
    Just a fat bloke on a bike
  • I'd recommend Paul Hewitt as well. Havent had to change one iota of the set up on my Cheviot
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • Gary D
    Gary D Posts: 431
    I would also recommend Paul Hewitt's very stongly and I am also from the Midlands.
    It certainly made a massive difference to my comfort on the bike.

If you are to the West of Birmingham, you could also try Epic Cycles near Tenbury Wells. Fantastic selection of Road Bikes (non of those strange bikes with lots of springy things on and fat tyres with knobbly bits! :shock: :shock: )

Haven't had a fitting there myself - but when speaking with the guys, they certainly seem to know what they are talking about.

Gary.
    Oh and I feel like I've been raped by an Orangutan :shock: And I've got legs like Girders :lol:
  • Thanks all.

I think I'll try the Specialized store at the Fort.

In my searches I also came across Kinetic One in Stroud and BikeDynamics in Leamington. Anybody used these? The latter seems quite techy and a bit too fond of maths.

Best regards and thanks again.
  • Let us know how it went, i would be very interested in the results
    Just a fat bloke on a bike
  • BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    I'm sure Alistair at Birmingham City Cycles would sort you out. Right in the middle of Birmingham on the Bristol Road.

Ruth