Christmas Cycle Sales???

NWLondoner
NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
edited December 2008 in The bottom bracket
Do you reckon any dealers will be having a Xmas sale after Christmas Day??

Comments

• The reductions on 08 bikes that are in shops now may be as good as it gets. Normally the profit margin on bikes is around 28% from the normal wholesale price to a shop.

Sometimes when there is an excess amount of stock left in the warehouse the dealers are offered bikes at a discount the normal rate, usually these bikes are the non sellers and odd sizes from the year. These bikes are the real bargains.

I think what you may see now mat be as good as gets.............
  • snakehips
    snakehips Posts: 2,272
    My local Evans has 5% off marked prices. That is to say that they are matching the 2.5% reduction in vat with 2.5% reduction of their own.
    They have also more than doubled the size of their store in the last couple of weeks, so business can't be that bad at the mo.
    Snake
    I4.jpg
    'Follow Me' the wise man said, but he walked behind!
  • Chirg
    Chirg Posts: 141
    They might further discount old stock that is not yet sold, but as Spanielsson says it will be unusual sizes only by now.

The two bike shops that I frequent have told me business is in line with last year, I don't know if that it due to more people starting to commute by bike to save money or because they expect prices to rise due to the slump in the pound so are getting the purchases in before this. Either way I don't think that they need to generate more business by giving larger discounts than previous years like we have seen with retailers such as M&S.
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    NWLondoner wrote:
    Do you reckon any dealers will be having a Xmas sale after Christmas Day??

My dealer says he will be cutting 20% off the price of EPO for the 1st week in January only
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • Steve_b77
    Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
    Bike Factory in Chester is having a 20% off everythign from 28th December