feeling faint

dai rees
dai rees Posts: 6
edited December 2008 in Health, fitness & training
i went on a 55 miler today it was a hard route after about 30 miles i felt drained ,i had a good breakfast but only had one bottle on my bike which is only 750 ml do you think thats the prob.

Comments

• saltyman
    saltyman Posts: 472
    you should be drinking atleast 1litre of water per hour on the bike bud.

if you dont, you will have no energy, cramp, then dizziness in that order......before you eventually collapse!
    roberts dogs bolx
    cannondale hooligan 1
    cannondale badboy
  • cheers mate i knew that was the prob ill have to get 2 new bottles and one new cage cheers for your repley
  • saltyman
    saltyman Posts: 472
    consider a camel back. just bought one and used it for the first time today, superb, and no more drinking out of muddy bottles!
    roberts dogs bolx
    cannondale hooligan 1
    cannondale badboy
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    Get a hydration pack, staying hydrated is probably the most important aspect of performance.

As saltyman says 1 litre per hour a minimum requirement.
  • on top of that i always carry emergency munchies, even on short rides. i have been caught out too many times.
  • cheers for all the tips ill make sure i take enough fluids next time i go out cheers.
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    Also, it may be a hereditary condition such as low blood pressure. My mothers side of the family suffer from it, thus so do I - if I get up too fast I can often feel light headed.

Stretching before a bike ride can also help eliminate feeling faint, making sure blood reaches all your muscles in due time before vigorous exercise occurs!

Hope that helps a bit!