Jason MacIntyre annivesary ride

campagchris
campagchris Posts: 773
I was reading about this on the braveheart forum,and hope Caroline doesn't mind me posting it here.
The ride is on the 17th January at 11am.The venue will be Killmallie hall at Corpach, Fort William.The ride will be one Jason did himself on that fateful day.The ride will stop at the junction Jason was killed at and a ghost bike placed as a permanent memoral to him the riders will observe a minutes silence.
Caroline said on the braveheart forum she was going to ride the last 10 miles herself in memory of her husband.Thats a real brave heart.
God bless Caroline and the twins.

link to forum

http://www.braveheartfund.com/Community ... IC_ID=4782

Comments

• poprad
    poprad Posts: 51
    It may be largely those north of the border who knew, or knew of, Jason and who will take part in the memorial ride, but I think the circumstances of his death and lthe loss of a father to a young family struck a chord with all cyclist who train on the road.

The number of times a van driver (refuse truck in Jason's case) has turned right across me thinking that he could make it, or that I'd slow down or...well, just didn't really think, is many.

Anyway, I'm pleased to have been reminded and I'll be thinking of his family on the day of the ride.