PSA Tricross Single

meagain
meagain Posts: 2,331
edited December 2008 in Road general
Looks as if following on from their bargain Langster F&Fs a few months ago, Pearsons now got Tricross Singles on offer at 275 quids. A steal IMHO.
Usual disclaimers (tho' I may just have to buy a spare one!).
d.j.
"Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."

Comments

• Meagain, how does their sizing guide compare to real life? I'm a fraction over 5'10" (178cm), with relatively small legs (31")... Would a 56cm be fine or would a 58cm be a safer bet to cope with my relatively long torso (of someone typically 6'2" or so)?

I resisted this Tricross when Hargroves had them at 350 earlier in the year, this Pearson deal is incredible and is very hard to deny (despite the better half dismissing the deal instantly) :lol:
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • meagain
    Sizing is as I'm sure you know a very personal thing! But FWIW:
    I'm 5'9 1/2" with relatively long 33" inside leg.
    But I ride with saddle to b/b distance less than any rule of thumb calcs would give I think and I prefer a relatively upright position - bar tops only 1-2" lower than saddle.
    In older trad horizontal frames I ride a 21 1/2" or 22".
    My Tricross (and my Langster) is a 54cm. If of any help, I also ride an "M" in Giants - both mtb (xtcs) and race bikes (TCR).
    Anything above these sizes I find too long in the top tube.
    All that said, I GUESS that your longer torso suggests a 58.

But please don't sue me if I'm wrong!!!
    d.j.
  • Bit late getting back to you, but thanks for the info, Meagain! Despite the great price, I've come around to thinking that I don't use my Felt enough to really justify having a second bike right now (although I desperately want to break the routine of car commuting that got re-established in 2008, especially after my back muscle sprain).

In these days of credit-crunch-mania and a dicey work situation, I need to be more restrained with money left over after the day-to-day living costs :?
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • meagain
    That's alright - and plenty of fifty-hundred quid bikes that up to commuting with a little bit of tinkering you know!
    d.j.