Rujano

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited January 2009 in Pro race
What is it with this cat?

Apparantly he's now decided to sign with an outfit called Gobernación del Zulia. (velo-club report)

Who knows what he was on in 05 but he needs a new supply.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    You'd want to watch it, Iain. Have you not learned that Gianni Savio sets the law on anyone who dares make doping allegations against him or his team?

You're toast, my lad.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • iainf72
    LangerDan wrote:

You're toast, my lad.

What's he going to do? Give me a nasty static shock from his shiniest most polyester suit?

Anyway, I meant what training programme Jose was on, nothing else. Surprise packages in the Giro doping, how ridiculous - I feel sorry for those who don't believe in miracles.
  • If it turned out Rujano was doping in the 05 Giro, all my dreams would be shattered.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    If he was doping in 05, that still doesn't explain his complete lack of performances in 06, 07 and 08. Are we to believe he suddenly stopped whatever he was doing when he went Quick Step, Unibet and Caisse d'Epargne?

06 and 07 can maybe be explained by a tiny Venezuelan mountain goat being on Belgian classics-focused teams, but you would have thought he would fit in more at CdE.
  • I suspect his training was a bit patchy. More patches than training in fact?
  • No fanboys asking for uber proof? What a surprise.
    Probably thinking "Rujano: who's he?"
    OK, I'll do it for them.......haters! :wink:

Oh and let's not forget his mate, Ivan Parra's brace of mountain stage victories, either. Seems to have lost his Cofidis. :roll:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • iainf72

Oh and let's not forget his mate, Ivan Parra's brace of mountain stage victories, either. Seems to have lost his Cofidis. :roll:

And Wim Van Huffel has never ridden as well again.
  • A rather unpleasant sounding team. That podium girl on the right has the biggest set of thighs of the bunch.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    A rather unpleasant sounding team. That podium girl on the right has the biggest set of thighs of the bunch.

You so would though.

Maybe Rujano's just another tortured, mentally fragile climber, who, for one fleeting moment can hold it all together and waste everyone.
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    A rather unpleasant sounding team. That podium girl on the right has the biggest set of thighs of the bunch.

I'm sure she gets sprayed with more than just champagne. Filthbucket.
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    Rujano put in some good work for Caisse d'Épargne. He flew with a few pointless breaks, which is where most people saw him on TV, but in the bunch he worked well for his leaders. I don't know where he was salary-wise, but he could've been worth it on a middling salary. Nowhere near his 05 Giro form, of course. When the hunger for recognition, success and a fat Euro contract is appeased, I can imagine a lull in the fire that drives a wee South-American. It's not like he's the first one!
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    The little Venezuelan oompah loompah won again:

http://cyclingnews.com/road.php?id=road ... achira0910

Savio, get him back, quick!