Thetford First timer

900R
900R Posts: 13
edited December 2008 in XC and Enduro
I'm going to thetford soon for my first trip off road, i have a hardtail and do around 30 miles per week on road and hard packed gravel (not done anything technical). anyone got any pointers i've read that the Red route would be a good starter. :shock:

Comments

• nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    from other posts on here part of the red has been closed - its all churned up from people riding it after heavy rain. You can still do the first part of the loop which is about 4 miles.

You should be fine on the red - my little cousin who is 10 can do the red and black there no probs.

There are some northshore bits on the red route but you can ride round them of you dont want to do them.
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • nonnac85 wrote:
    There are some northshore bits on the red route but you can ride round them of you dont want to do them.
    You mean a plank and a stump?

just kiddin

how'd you find it 900R?
    Train hard, ride easy
  • 900R
    900R Posts: 13
    i'll be honest here ! i did the blue route and struggled in places but i enjoyed every bit of it !! hardly anyone around so didn't embarras myself i dont profess to being fit by a long way (42yrs 6'2" and 16.5 stone) i've only been riding 6mths and probably underestimated how fit you need to be for off roading. i'll be going back though :lol: