Cyclist found dead

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited December 2008 in The bottom bracket
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Makes you realise that carrying ID when you are out on a ride is a good idea..........poor sod.........someone must report him missing sooner or later.
  • I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but I bought one of these Road ID wristbands earlier this year and always wear it when I'm out riding. Pretty good value for under £15 and they will put exactly what information you want on it.

http://www.roadid.com/common/id.aspx
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Toks
    Toks Posts: 1,143
    From Veloriders.co.uk
    Martyn Dobson from the Cleveland Wheelers, a good friend of mine has now been id'd and family notified. I'm absolutely gutted. It sounds like he collapsed whilst riding as opposed to being in an accident. I'd recommend not being a friend of mine at Christmas as that's 2 year's running within 10 days of the same date that a friend has died.

For those that don't know Martyn, he was a handy juvenile (Cleveland crit champ) and junior from the 90's. We got 4th in the Team Pursuit champs one year too.

I think I'm going to start carrying ID with me, and maybe even put a helmet on.

RIP Martyn

Apologies to anyone that knew him and had to find out through this forum.
    I didn't know him but he's part of the cycling brotherhood - Martin Rest In Peace!