Astana (LUX)
Garmin-Slipstream (USA)
Liquigas (ITA)
Quick Step (BEL)
Rabobank (Netherlands)
Columbia Highroad (USA)
Team Saxo Bank (DEN)

Usual suspects then.

Hopefully we can get Rock Racing and OUCH into the mix. Won't it be wonderful for Floyd to win his first race back?
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    Go Landis! (insert tongue in cheek here)
  • Should be intresting if Floyd gets in, was disappionted when he signed for them becasue Sutherland was the leader in that team and had done really well. Know it will be the Floyd show, that is if his still got the legs?
    Take care of the luxuries and the necessites will take care of themselves.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Landis has served his time. nothing t stop him coming back. Same tyler. The evidence from Puerto has never got to court so how long can we morally declare him a suspect when we don't produce the evidence. Storm in a teacup. Two dopers who lost everything IMO
  • SpaceJunk
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Landis has served his time. nothing t stop him coming back. Same tyler. The evidence from Puerto has never got to court so how long can we morally declare him a suspect when we don't produce the evidence. Storm in a teacup. Two dopers who lost everything IMO

Yep, Tyler and Landis have both served their time. Doesn't mean I can't call them a cheat and have zero respect for them.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    SpaceJunk wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

Yep, Tyler and Landis have both served their time. Doesn't mean I can't call them a cheat and have zero respect for them.

So with the heavy price they both paid...you'd still scream from the roadside? I wouldn't these liars got what they deserved but that does nit mean they should be punished forvever...with this logic whole cities would have to be converted to jails as we could not forgive
  • SpaceJunk
    Dave_1 wrote:
    SpaceJunk wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

So with the heavy price they both paid...you'd still scream from the roadside? I wouldn't these liars got what they deserved but that does nit mean they should be punished forvever...with this logic whole cities would have to be converted to jails as we could not forgive

Sorry Dave, I probably haven't made myself clear enough. Sure they have served their bans and hence have every right to be back in the peloton (whether the bans are lengthy enough is a completely different matter, and which the riders don't determine).

I wouldn't 'scream from the roadside' as such. Probably the opposite in fact - I'd ignore them.

I'm with you - they are liars.

No they shouldn't be 'punished forever' - but that doesn't also me that as soon as their time is up they deserve respect either. They should've thought of the consequences of their actions before they doped.

Do you think a rider (or a criminal for matter) should be forgiven once their time is up? I don't think so. To use your jail analogy; if a rapist gets convicted, spends 10 years behind bars and then is released. Sure, he is allowed back into society, get a job and move on.

But that doesn't mean he still isn't a convicted rapist. Nor would the victims probably feel the rapist should be forgiven.

Landis, Tyler (Dave Millar, Vino, Basso etc etc etc etc), are in my eyes cheats. Sure they can come back into the peloton once their time is served. But don't tell mean that I have to forgive them for their past actions. They made their beds and they can sleep in them.