What would your scent be?

Crapaud
Crapaud Posts: 2,483
edited December 2008 in The bottom bracket
I've been looking for a way to get rich quick for a long time now.

At this time of year, it can't have escaped anyone's notice the number of perfumes that everyone and their aunt seem to be selling. The Beckhams, Christina Arguleera (no, I don't know how to spell it) and a host of minor 'celebrities' are all at it. Now I read this:
Skynews wrote:
Eau Du Whopper Burgers Belief

Fragrances are a popular gift choice at Christmas - but the latest edition to the market could leave you mouth-watering. Skip related content

Fast food chain Burger King has released a body spray for men, called Flame.

The company has done its best to bottle the Whopper, claiming the fragrance "captures the essence of that (burger) love and gives it to you.

"Behold the scent of seduction, with a hint of flame-broiled meat."

A spokeswoman for the company's UK operations said the scent was not a gag - there was even a website, firemeetsdesire.com.

The tasty treat will not be available on this side of the pond, but it can be bought online for $3.99 (£2.58).

While there was no word on what vegetarians think about the fragrance, several customers could not be happier with their purchase.

Amanda Creek, from Virginia Beach in the US, wrote in a review of the product: "I received Flame in the mail two days ago. Yesterday I wore it to work for the first time.

"As a tattoo artist, our tip amounts vary greatly, but yesterday not one tip was less than $50! I know it had everything to do with wearing Flame - THANK YOU! :)"
How long will it be before Channel 5 bring out one with the alluring scent of 'couch potato'?

Also, ISTM that there are a lot of gullible folk out there who'll buy any old tosh. I deal a lot with the public and many scents appear to be indistinguishable from Toilet Duck, Shake'n'vac et al.

I've therefore come to the conclusion that I could bottle my sock sweat! Obviously my feet don't sweat on an industrial scale, so, availability would be low and therefore it'd command an astronomical price (or be 'exclusive' in advertising parlance).

Naturally, it would be called Eau de Crapaud (pronounced 'crapo') to give it a mysterious foreign flavour.

Scents are supposed to attract the opposite sex, therefore possible strap-lines would be:
    "Get your foot in the door with Eau de Crapaud" "Get your feet under the table with Eau de Crapaud"
Or, possibly a 'teaser' cmpaign with the line, "Do you play footsie?"

What do you think? Am I onto a winner?

What would your scent be?
A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill

Comments

• Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    Eau du Nuggs would create the evocative aroma of Castrol GTX gently infused with GT85.

Buy it you slags.
  • Seems the weird scent movement is gathering momentum:

From The Daily Telegraph:

'The smell of a football changing room has been made into an aftershave. Scent of Success is created from a blend of grass, sweat, boot leather and heat spray. It is made by Sports Interactive, who also make cult computer game Football Manager. They say it has been created from samples collected from a number of successful teams' dressing rooms. And they claim the scent could even inspire struggling teams and managers to perform better.

'Miles Jacobson, a spokesman for Sports Interactive, said the aftershave will be given away with copies of Football Manager 2009, which was released last month. He said: "If Britney Spears and Kerry Katona can have their own fragrance I don't see why we can't. Our scent will bring the dressing room into the homes of Football Manager 2009 players, inspiring them for pre-match team talks, preparing them to direct their team from the sidelines and prime them for a tricky press conference."

How long until Eau du Chamois in launched? - I nominate Nuggs as marketing director
    A Lemond (FCN 4)
    An ageing Klein (FCN 9)
  • bill57
    bill57 Posts: 454
    I remember one from the Portpatrick Perfumery called "Gunsmoke" - it smelled exactly like a freshly fired 12 bore. One for the country set perhaps?
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    I nominate Nuggs as marketing director
    Eyethankyoo.
  • I seem to remember seeing something on TV about this. Some guy was showing us how he could make any scent, so long as he had a sample to work with.

Eau de Pedro would probably be that Bike Shop smell. You know the fresh rubber and WD40 smell.

Upon saying that though, you can get a can of WD40 for a quid out the Pound Shop.

Pedro
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    When any member of my family enters the room where I am, they always guess my scent right away: 8)

It is uncanny.

It's an old cowboy fragrance, from the days when you could run a thousand head of cattle into town and head straight to the saloon for a shot of red-eye:

In unison, they shout its name:

Hoof Hearted

:shock:

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)