No new videos from me :-(

downfader
downfader Posts: 3,686
edited December 2008 in The bottom bracket
My puter has had a new hard drive put in and its still going stupid on me. I have done so much work on the damn thing and its doing my head in. I had intended to make a new video about my new bike and my return to riding, and a little review of my new lights but I cant until I have my own pc sorted (been using my father's so you can understand my reluctance the store gigs of video on his pc)

Add to that my atc3k is rubbish in the dark. I need to invest in a new set up, a really good one.. :?

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Not just the 3ks that are crap in the dark, the 2ks are also. Can just make out the brake/tail lights on the cars when I ride in the dark with the camera on.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • downfader
    I've ended up leaving the camera at home lately partly because of its response in the dark. Even my nikon compact works in the dark, and that was 40 quid cheaper. :wink:
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    It's unrealistic to expect a low end CCD to be able to capture enough light to record video at night. Try your compact without flash, at night and on the bike. Don't expect you'll get much in the way of results.

I'm sure there are cameras that will do the job, but they'll cost an awful lot more.
  • downfader
    _Brun_ wrote:
    It's unrealistic to expect a low end CCD to be able to capture enough light to record video at night. Try your compact without flash, at night and on the bike. Don't expect you'll get much in the way of results.

I'm sure there are cameras that will do the job, but they'll cost an awful lot more.

LOL cant use the compact unless I hand hold it. The tripod socket smashed this summer when I was filming my ascent up a small hill and hit a pothole. If only the video had survived I'd have used it to combat the dreaded road conditions, lol!