Silly old fart

giant_man
giant_man Posts: 6,878
edited December 2008 in The bottom bracket
What particularly galls me about this is the fact that not once does he say 'some cyclists ...' oh no why not tarr us all with the same brush? Typical crap:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/t ... 787682.stm

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Utter Tosh. I gave up after less than a minute. Does he not have anything better to do with his time?

I would say the Queen song they played at the start is even worse though. What the hell were the band smoking when they wrote that nonsense? It makes me want to throw my laptop out the bloody window.

Cheers
    Pedro
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • snakehips
    snakehips Posts: 2,272
    Was he paid for that I wonder , or should we take it as a warning of what we might all become when we get older ?

Snake

I4.jpg
    'Follow Me' the wise man said, but he walked behind!
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    I was rather surprised that he didn't once mention Werthers Originals. How did that not happen? :?
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • Bit like a Ronnie Corbett story, rambling nonsense
    2 Wheels or not 2 wheels..That is not in question.
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Another reason I didn't need to ignore old people. Register them to the post office? How stupid, it isn't 1901 for christ sake. Very dangerous? I sure know what i'd prefer to be ran over by when it comes to a toss up between a bike and a car. Actually, I don't think its stupid old people, just stupid people.
  • Quoth Andrew Neil ( .. in related vid with Kinnock and Heseltine ) : " Motorists are aggressive towards bicyclists and bicyclists are aggressive towards everyone " .

Well , that seems to be a common perception , doesn' t it ? And there was I slightly warming to the Lords Kinnock and Heseltine who seemed to be reasonably relaxed about Leslie Phillip's assertions which ,in turn , didn't seem to be that skew'whiffed at all . Y'know , I could see his point . Yikes !! :shock:

For a fact , running red lights , pavement riding , no lights and the like criminilise the lot of us indiscriminately in the public's eyes . We're all guilty , it would seem .

Although it may be a sign of the onset of my own senility I half agree with the old roue . Registration of all our hacks seems reasonable enough . Except that I'm implacably opposed to yet another sodding law to enfeeble us further . There are enough of them already .

' Can't do right for doing wrong ' springs to mind .
    "Lick My Decals Off, Baby"
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    ...and why do the BBC not issue a retort about motorists: speeding, parking on pavements, running red lights/amber gamblers, parking/driving on asl/cyclelanes, flinging doors open into oncoming traffic, dinging another's car in the supermarket carpark and just driving off, ignoring pedestrian crossings or peds waiting to cross....

I could go on all evening. :roll:
  • bill57
    bill57 Posts: 454
    Just a decrepit old wanker. Ignore.
  • I wonder if he thinks bicycle bells should go "Ding Dong" :lol:
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Right, I have emailed my thioughts to the show. I really feel this would be worthwhile if we send some positives and comments in on this. The more of us who do perhaps we can help sway this skewed viewpoint.
  • pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    He did make a cracking pervy old doctor though didn't he?
  • bill57 wrote:
    Just a decrepit old wanker. Ignore.

Agreed but more annoying is that the bbc gave him and his BS time, then went back for some more with another 2 elderly masturbators :( .
  • feel
    feel Posts: 800
    What's a Post Office :wink:

public education/awareness campaigns is the way to go, for both sides.
    We are born with the dead:
    See, they return, and bring us with them.