P*ss pot helmets and XC

chrishoo5
chrishoo5 Posts: 53
edited February 2009 in XC and Enduro
Hi

Does anyone use a P'Pot style helmet for XC riding? ( http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Cycle/7/Bell_ ... 360032506/ ) I'm thinking of trying one (for looks!) but will I get a super hot head?

Thanks

Comments

• .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    This is very good by all accounts TSG Superlight
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I'd prefer a normal helmet for XC - one with a peak as well ? That just looks a bit too warm for me.
  • Actually, the peak on my current helmet has saved my nose once already!
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I wear that exact helmet. It's a perfectly good helmet, but far too hot for summer- I get a sweaty head in winter! Can't recommend it for allround use, but I do like it as a winter lid, keeps my brain warm.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Mattbot2
    Mattbot2 Posts: 384
    Northwind wrote:
    I wear that exact helmet. It's a perfectly good helmet, but far too hot for summer- I get a sweaty head in winter! Can't recommend it for allround use, but I do like it as a winter lid, keeps my brain warm.

Pfft, brain? When did you get a brain?

:roll:
    :P
    2q2kfno.png
    ^^^ Click for pictures of my bike ^^
  • Northwind
    Found it in a jar in the garage.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • These r gr8 for winter riding as they provide heaps of warmth,im surprised more peeps havnt cottoned on.
  • I would fall over with overheating in about 500m in one of those. Overheated in a ride today, was -1*C with a chilly wind. Very annoying!
  • I use a TSG, quite a few years old now though, its the one with barbed wire print. Bought a Giro last year but thought I looked like a twonk wearing it. Prob should look at getting a new one, what with all the countless headstands I do.....
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,700
    You will overheat and DIE.
  • whyamihere wrote:
    You will overheat and DIE.

I always wondered why no one acknowledges me any more or listens to me when I am talking to them and why I can walk through walls..... Come to think of it how am I posting on this site :?
  • endurojcb
    endurojcb Posts: 170
    These are good:

http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/produc ... x?&id=4448

Plenty of coverage at the back of the head, plently of vents so you don't get too hot, but less vents than on a full XC helmet. You can also take off the visor if you want to.
    2007 Merlin Malt 4
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    Northwind wrote:
    Found it in a jar in the garage.

hey........that was mine....
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Northwind
    You can have it back if you like, but to be honest I wouldn't bother, it's not very good and it's got some damage and wear and tear
    Uncompromising extremist
  • dirtbiker100
    dirtbiker100 Posts: 1,997
    I have a friend who rides a piss pot round trail centre rides (we did afan W2 a couple of weeks ago) he even wore it in the summer. doesn't even take it off when we stop for a break. god knows how he can do it.
  • Amos
    Amos Posts: 438
    I would imagine a piss pot would be too hot for XC. But if it makes you feel more comfortable riding then go for it :D
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    F-14 from THE Industries.

P*sspot style shape and coverage but with normal venting of a road mtb lid. Comes with removable peak/visor.

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... met--32055

I have one and rate it as first class.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • ben110
    ben110 Posts: 54
    dont do it wayyyyyyyyyy to hot esp if you like to ride hard in the summer
    xc lids look beter anyways
  • lock1981
    lock1981 Posts: 546
    i ride a wee pot i quite like it, but i am looking to upgrade to a giro hex :lol: . only cos in the rain it runs into your eyes cos theres no peak.