Ridley Compact

ram038
ram038 Posts: 187
edited December 2008 in Road beginners
Anyone got a RidleyCompact? This got a good towards this or the CAAD9review in Cycling Weekly though I can't say I have heard of the maker. Does anyone agree\disagree with the review? I am kind of leaning towards this one or the CAAD9 in favour of a carbon bike from Halfords. Interesting that CW should choose to review Alu bikes and not the carbon equivalent.

Comments

• Pirahna
    Pirahna Posts: 1,315
    I've got one but it's far from standard. I bought it as a frameset three years ago and built it up using mainly Campag Chorus, plus a few special bits and it weighs in around 16.5 pounds.

The only issue I've had is with the 4za fork it came with. The fork legs were too short and if the tyre picked up any grit, the grit would rub on the fork crown. This is with a 23mm tyre. Took the fork back to the shop and we tried several others, all of which seemed to have the same issue so they swapped it for a non Ridley fork.

The frame is slightly taller at the front than standard (I ride a large) which was something I specifically looked for. I'm very happy with mine.

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h262/ ... Ridley.jpg
  • ram038
    ram038 Posts: 187
    Pirahna wrote:
    I've got one but it's far from standard. I bought it as a frameset three years ago and built it up using mainly Campag Chorus, plus a few special bits and it weighs in around 16.5 pounds.

The only issue I've had is with the 4za fork it came with. The fork legs were too short and if the tyre picked up any grit, the grit would rub on the fork crown. This is with a 23mm tyre. Took the fork back to the shop and we tried several others, all of which seemed to have the same issue so they swapped it for a non Ridley fork.

The frame is slightly taller at the front than standard (I ride a large) which was something I specifically looked for. I'm very happy with mine.

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h262/ ... Ridley.jpg

thanks for the reply.