Storage facilities at or near Liverpool airport

mz__jo
mz__jo Posts: 398
edited December 2008 in Tour & expedition
Hello Bikeradar. I am a new member who lives in France. I am originally from the northern
side of the Channel. In Limoges I am a member of a cycle touring club, the RCTL, and also of a tandem club for visually handicapped, the Limoges Tandem Club (I pilot).

Next september a small group from the RCTL are planning to do a short (6 day) tour of Snowdonia, using the Limoges-Liverpool service with Ryanair. For transporting the bikes we are intending to use large bike cartons, a technique that has proved very reliable in the past. The problem is to find somewhere to store the cartons very close to the airport (less than 2kms, preferably 1km or less). The first night is in Liverpool YHA (12kms away) and the last night is at Chester and we do not have too much time in reserve to chase around with taxis to fetch cartons from further away.
I do have the addresses of a couple of transport firms that appear to be in the vicinity but I would appreciate any additional ideas or comments.
I would add that the supplement of transporting the bikes would pay a car and trailer for the job but the time available is probably too tight with my family commitments.

Cheers Jo (ps I will do something about the profile and an avatar but not tonight)

Comments

• andymiller
    andymiller Posts: 2,856
    'above us only sky'

Makes me want to heave. John Lennon must be turning in his grave.
  • If the left luggage place can't do it, you could try a self-storage firm. This is the nearest one I could find.

http://www.personalstorage.uk.com/store ... ation.html

Can't see them charging much for their smallest unit for one week. I would charge you about £15.00 all in, but unfortunately the storage depot I run is in Leeds - sorry! :(
  • mz__jo
    mz__jo Posts: 398
    Hello
    As it happens I found Personal Storage also, while checking through Yellow Pages for a transport firm that was closer but doesn't exist! And yes, they are going to store our boxes for us, £20 for the week which divided amongst 8 of us is quite acceptably small. They say that they are 1-1.5 miles from the airport (it looks to be closer to 1 mile on the map to me) so all in all it looks to be a good solution. I hope so because I've said yes.
    Thanks for all your helpand see some of you possibly on the road sometime. Cheers Jo