Torquay Devon we need more

Tim Black
Tim Black Posts: 37
edited February 2009 in MTB rides
Hi all i have updated my map to show some of the fun i have it takes me about 1 hour and a bit all depends on the weather i ride it rain or shine (hope it snow's soon)!!! i have put a old version of this map up before and it is nice to see more and more tyre tracks on the ride
i have found some old path ways that do not get used much they have some fallen trees in the way but it wont take much to turn them in to jumps and drops WITHOUT damaging the in the environment (this is important we must look after riding roots)

let me know wot you think of the ride or if you have some good ride's off your own let me know maybe we can hook up for some riding fun

map link:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en& ... 8&t=h&z=14

my bike:
[img1116rk8.jpg
By crymoo1, shot with Canon DIGITAL IXUS 75 at 2008-11-07]

Comments

• should be a good ride when the route is cleared, if you need a hand sorting out the trail give me a shout.

cheers

andy
    2007 SPECIALIZED FSR XC COMP - sold
    2008 CANNONDALE F6 - CUSTOM BUILD - sold
    2008 TREK EX 9.5 - sold
    2010 SPECIALIZED ALLEZ ELITE
    2011 On One 456
    more coming soon!
  • hey Tim, I know this route quite werll, some pretty good fast riding from Marlon Road down to the seafront. I think building up a few jumps / drops is a good idea.

Andy - are you the new owener then of Simply The Bike ?

ANyoen up for a ride over Christams ?
  • Hi all will start on the jumps and drops in the new year and will take pic's to let you know when ready plus a couple of berms i think will be cool to but will need help!!!
  • FUZZ MONKEY FIVE - not the new owner of simply, i`m just the mechanic, come in and say hello!

hopefully going to start work on the trail within the next few days or so (weather dependant!).
    2008 TREK EX 9.5 - sold
    2011 On One 456
    more coming soon!
  • Hi all
    I have started to lay out the way for the new ride using the old path ways as a guide the top part will end up being XC leading into mellow and fun downhill
    i have filled up the small hole for the 1st jump/drop strait into a bend so it will be fun! and where there is a big fallen tree in the way i have started to turn it into the 2nd jump/drop and then marked the root for about 60 yards will do more this weekend and may post pics for all to see

Tim Black
  • devbrix
    devbrix Posts: 127
    Hi
    Thanx for the post and the work on the route. Will try and check out the route as soon as possible.

This is my local route through Noss Woods between Brixham and Kingswear. Mostly rough and dirty XC and a fair bit of downhill (and a bit of road) but its not bad - takes 1-1.5hr. Enjoy.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF ... 2f035006a3

D
    All of these things....
  • will be in the woods this sat and sun working on new trail anyone wont to join me all help welcome

[mcda455d451addf4d52d023uj4.jpg
    By crymoo1 at 2008-09-22][/img]
  • Have cleared lots of the top part
    on the 2nd jump i am going to add a skinny section next to it so you will have the chose (skinny or north shore type jump) i have now got to the 3rd drop/jump into a berm then to a jump maybe!!!
    i will add some pics when i sort out me camera

WILL NEED HELP BASHING BRAMBLES SOON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
  • We have now planed 2 maybe 3 trails that all link up with lots more jumps and lots of BERMS and all should flow really well one of the jumps will be a step up jump coming out of a big fast berm at the end of the trail there will be sum small drops and more BERMS
    it is going to take time but will be worth it.
    it will be the kind of trail that you could spend the hole day running up and down

Thanks Andy had fun to day cant wait to work with you on the trail it will be fun

I am sorting out the pics and will put them on later
  • this is looking on to the 1st small drop
    [p1010002kl7.jpg
    By crymoo1, shot with u20D,S400D,u400D at 2009-01-04]

this is looking from the 1st drop witch will end up soon landing in to a berm the deed tree will be gon
    [p1010003gx9.jpg
    By crymoo1, shot with u20D,S400D,u400D at 2009-01-04][/img]

we have to do lots of in filling add a small berm finish the 2nd jump and then on to the next bit
    [p1010004ks4.jpg
    By crymoo1, shot with u20D,S400D,u400D at 2009-01-04
    ]
    [p1010006bo8.jpg
    By crymoo1, shot with u20D,S400D,u400D at 2009-01-04

more pic to add soon
  • This is a ruff ider of the new tail things will change and there are more small and technical jumps to add but we are going to get the root sorted first

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en& ... 9fceab6bc6
  • keith
    keith Posts: 1,149
    Routes look good! I will check them out sometime, I'm just in Paignton and will be happy to lend some time to building new routes. I'm not a jumper, i just like fast and technical XC stuff.

Keep in touch :)
  • just done a bit more work today at the trail, have got the first part of the track marked out now with a few small drops which will be built bigger at a later stage.
    2008 TREK EX 9.5 - sold
    2011 On One 456
    more coming soon!
  • Hey guys, how's the trail coming along ? I saw part of it today, took a detour off the path from Marldon road today trying to find what you've been building.
  • hi well we have change ower minds on how the trail will be set out the part with the jump over the tree is going to be scraped just so we can keep a low profile on the trail but if you walk to the other side you will fined that lots off work has gone on we have a jump a nice of camber drop a brem and a step up jump we will be putting a big jump in soon and there is talk of may be a wall ride if anyone is off in the week i mite be able to meet up for a ride and show you wot we have in mind