Anyone in lincolnshire...

veralynn
veralynn Posts: 9
edited January 2009 in MTB rides
Hi im new and looking for some xc tracks in lincolnshire, i live in ganisborough, sherwood pines is the only one i know of near me.
If anyone wants a ride too let me know,
Cheers Ian

Comments

• BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    There ain't much about! There is some stuff around the woods in Belvoir - grab an OS map and check 'em out!
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • Where do u ride mate, have u frequented sherwood pines much.
  • novak
    novak Posts: 4
    If any of you wonder why there is hardly any decent mountian bike places in Lincolnshire then please feel free to join my facebook group ( It isn't very succesfull at the minute) and the group may come alive after a while of waiting.
  • novak
    The only one i have been too isn't even in Lincolnshire, it's dolby in Yorkshire.
  • novak
    My face book group is called Lincolnshire, all the space you need, but know moutnain bike centres, why?
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    novak wrote:
    My face book group is called Lincolnshire, all the space you need, but know moutnain bike centres, why?

no hills
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • I live in Barrowby lincs if any one wants to hook up. Most of my riding is done in and around Belvoir.
  • mero14
    mero14 Posts: 2
    BlackSpur wrote:
    no hills

If you look at the wolds you'll find lots of hills, and a feast of bridleways for XC riding. I ride a number of loops starting at Hubbards Hills in Louth between 12 and 50 miles. Take a look at the http://www.bicyclemania.co.uk/challengeindex.htm pages for one example. It always surprises me how few riders I see when I'm out and about.
  • ACDCwmb
    ACDCwmb Posts: 225
    I live just North of Lincoln and I usually ride XC around the Lincolnshire Wolds, there is some great stuff to ride out there and it’s pretty much on my door step so I can get out often, not massive hills but very undulating, some great views and varied riding with nothing too technical and it’s easy to create loops anywhere up to 60 mile. Most of the time I am able to use minor roads to link up the off road bits. Usually I start out from Willingham Woods as there are a few nice short fast forest loops around there which is a great way to finish a ride after being on the Wold tops but there are plenty of other start options to get you up on to the Wolds quicker.
    [url]uttp://farm3.static.flickr.com/2453/3644058624_66a72402ee.jpg/]Hardtail[/url]
  • hay hows you all? i live in scunthorpe and oh my god! what a dull place for mountain bikers! i feel like im on my own. if any one wants to team up please give me a shout lol!
    deathstar2917@hotmail.co.uk