Giant Cadex

gordonthearab
gordonthearab Posts: 3
edited December 2008 in MTB beginners
Hi-I am a road biker who has just bought a Giant Cadex for £50. It seems like the bet £50 I have ever spent. :roll: It has carbon tubes with alloy lugs and a cromoly fork and it rides really well. What I would like to know is does anyone have any information on these bikes-anything at all-I am very curious-it would appear to have been a top of the range bike in it day?-Gordon.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Have a look here:

http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/Bike ... &Type=bike

Though you may want to post in the road bike section ;-)
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    I assume that you've posted in the MTB section you have a CFM# and not a CFR#. I have a Cadex CFM3 (entry level) version since 92ish and its been superb.

Only thing with mine is that it creaks a little these days when riding hard, otherwise can't fault it.

P1010117.jpg
    [/img][/url]
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • I didn't realise there was a road version-mine is a CRM 3. It has exage cantis-not front disc. Also older than I thought at around '92. Gordon
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    That's about the 5th pair of folks and the 4th set of wheels I've put on it. Commuting steed now, so its nice being able to stop for cars and pedestrians with hydraulic brakes on. The rear end still has the brake bosses.

I think the frame, headset, cranks, front deraileur and seat post are the only original parts left.
    It's the vibe of the thing.