MTBing in Bordon. What else in the area?

bluedave
bluedave Posts: 152
edited December 2008 in Routes
Hi there.

I am down south for Xmas and plan to get a few MTB rides in whilst I`m down there. Staying close to Bordon so prob check that out. I know its used for the Southern xc series so must be desent enough riding. Any tips, pointers would be appreciated.

Also is there any where else worth visiting? Alton perhaps?

Those in the know, drop me a line.

Cheers
Dave

Comments

• bluedave
    No desent MTBing in the south then I assume!?

I`ll just take my road bike then! :shock:
  • I don't really know the area around Bordon too well, so can't really offer any suggestions for where to ride, from what I have seen it looks pretty sandy around there.

If you can get up to Farnborough, I am sure my group will have a few rides heading out around then:

www.tunnelhilltrolls.co.uk

Feel free to register on the forum and post up, I am sure somebody would be more than happy to show you some of the local trails.
  • gregsd
    gregsd Posts: 328
    They do hold xc races on the army land at Bordon, but I'm not sure what access is like at other times. There's plenty of other stuff near by; Ludshott Common, Devils PunchBowl, Liphook area, Weaver Down, Blackdown. Best bet is to get an OS map and start exploring the extensive bridleway network in the area and take it from there.
  • gregsd
    gregsd Posts: 328
    Remembered that I have GPS track (GPX format) of a route around Oxney Moss that I've downloaded from t'internet, or some one gave me. Yours if you can make use of it?

Or yeah, the Trolls are friendly bunch as well (hi Jason) :lol:
  • bluedave
    Nice one, cheers guys.

Had a look at your forum Jason for ideas, thanks for that.

Dave