The BIG Question!

jacktheoc
jacktheoc Posts: 1,556
edited December 2008 in The Crudcatcher
Who Do You Think The Stig Is?

Sorry if its being asked before but since being ill and sat in bed for days i have seen stupid amounts of top gear on Dave :roll:
I think it could possibly be Jenson Button?
Heres a vid of him talking and it does sound similar:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VihIf1Fi ... re=related
and a pic, sort of similar:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... 831687.ece

So who do you think it could be?

Comments

• its not Jenson.....the stig is good at driving 8)
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    Not likely to ever be revealed. The old one got fired for telling everyone who he was.
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    it was damon hill, but i hear it is now an italian test driver for lotus
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    There are a few stigs now - can't remember them all - a trip to Pistonheads holds the answers!

The first stig was Perry McCarthy - He was giving a talk at some hopitality we had at at Le Mans & he talked about how good looking the stig was
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Listening to ROC on freecaster they gave out three names. Ben Collins, Paul Swift & Hekki Kovelinen, they change the driver depending on what they need to do with the car.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • So all the cars on the board, that are timed around the track are driven by a bunch of different Stigs?

The results don't mean as much then do they.

Or have they got a special "Some say..." Stig who does that bit?
    More freerange chicken than Freeride God
    Bighit , 5 , BFe
  • Ben Collins is the regular Stig. Kovalienen drove the Renault F1 round the track and they occasionally get other drivers in for the rarer cars. Doubt it was regular Stig driving the Bugatti the other week.
    "The problem was, I was still using my eyes even though I had them shut"

Demoted to commuting duty

Orange Crush!
  • jacktheoc
    Ive heard about Ben Collins been the Stig. Is that definate or another rumour?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i read a health and safety executive report which stated that ben collins was on site during the richard hammond crash as onsite technical advice and that he filled that role on regular occasions.

i reckon thats pretty conclusive for me. he would only be about if he was the stig.
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    Is it no some Austrailian lad that drives for Ascari?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Pretty sure it is Ben Collins (regular Stig). Have been a few guest stigs.

Though I shot I saw through the helmet - looked like John Cleland.
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    Yeah more than one stig for sure, either that or his weight fluctuates week to week, I'm sure he gained a little paunch then lost it again in the same show.

Driving styles differ aswell, this obviously can depend on vehicle, but generally they'd use the same lines.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i'd love a go on the top gear track, wonder if they run track sesions there for audience on the show
  • jacktheoc
    There wasa thing on Ebay for children in need about 3weeks ago where you could go round the track with the stig.
    sold for £15,203!
    ill have a look now and try and post the link.
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    Mate of mine got invited to a private track day there. About 3 years ago now.

We took his VR6, was much fun ragging it round, only downer was everyone else was in a faster car, just about kept up with an Elise but everything else, TVR, Porsche etc were much quicker.

Not a bad track but too short really, and the transition onto the runway after the tyres is horrendous!

Great pub brag though 8)

There's a driving school based there aswell so you could book a lesson and drive most of it. :lol:
  • My mates brother used to work on Top Gear, and said that there was multiple Stig's, but wouldn't reveal who they were. :twisted:
    There's no such thing as a stupid question, unless you already know the answer!