trek 1.5 09

fezhead
fezhead Posts: 21
edited December 2008 in Road beginners
bourght a cheap road bike last year and have been hooked since so time to upgrade. am looking at the new trek 1.5 09. Colour scheme looks great but what about the rest of the bike? what do others think n as anyone got one. dont know alot about bikes so would appreciate some advice. cheers

Comments

• bellys
    bellys Posts: 456
    hi fezhead my mate had a old trek think he payed about £700 for it new and loved it he used it for work and weekend riding with a club as far as im aware he had no probs with it he's is about 4yrs old now.
    i like this its about the same price
    http://www.bicycledoctor.co.uk/p_bianch ... xenon.html
  • I've just got one - love it, it's a great bike. My LBS offered me a set of Mavic aksiums and a Tiagra front mech at no extra charge. Seemed a good deal to me. It's good enough fpr a few upgrades in future.

ff
  • cheers lads thanx for the advice. am going to order 1 for the new year. will let u know how i get on.
  • Great colour scheme but don't trek know that, £700 for Sora!!!

go to ribblecycles.co.uk get an audax/winter trainer special edition with tiagra for £467 they come highly recomended and don't listen to what people say about Ribble they have been a pleasure to deal with for me!
    Carbon fibre, it's all nonsense. Drink beer. Ride a steel bike. Don't be a ponce.
  • well just got £500 from bike to work schem...so ordered a Trek 1.2T..

...so will see how that gets on - enough for me for a first bike...altohugh I plan to give it plenty of use (signed up for a ferw sportives already..) :D