help please.

bellys
bellys Posts: 456
edited December 2008 in Road beginners
hi can any one give a ruff price for my bike please im thinking of changing it but dont know how much its worth if i sell it there is no damage to frame or wheels its not 100% mint but no damage.
its a Raleigh r300 (black badge) ??? Mavic Ksyrium equip wheels / fsa crank / fsa carbon frorks and bar stem / full Shimano Ultegra gears and brakes.
thanks
chris. R300Roadbike.jpg

Comments

• John.T
    John.T Posts: 3,698
    You would probably be lucky to get £150 for it, maybe less. I don't know why you want to replace it or with what. Personaly I would see if I could fit some mudguards to it and keep it for those mucky days when you don't want to get the good one filthy. I have done this with the Trek 5200 in my album (no guards though) as an equivelent bike new would cost around £2000 and I would have been lucky to get £300 to £400 for it. I prefered to keep it as I still like it.
  • WHAT?!?!?!?!
    the wheels are worth £150 and same with the ultegra kit. the frames not great but the bikes got nice FSA kit and carbon forks.
    i'd say you could get £400 at least
  • John.T
    You can get the wheels new for about £200. £117 in silver at CRC. Don't forget that once a bike is a year or more old it has lost more than half it's value. They devalue more than cars. Who is going to pay £400 for a second hand bike when you can get a new one for that. We know the old one is better but the £400 punters usually don't. Just look at the adds in CW, They make depressing reading if you are wanting to sell. Some real bargins if you know what you are looking at.
  • sicknote
    sicknote Posts: 901
    From what I have seen ( was looking for a road bike a little while ago ), one of the best places to sell bikes is ebay as I have seen some go for almost what it would cost new :shock:

I still cant work out how they do that is it just takes a little while to look on they compute, to see how much a new one would be :roll:
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    If you do decide to sell on Ebay, I'd suggest you'd probably get more by breaking it down into it;s constituent parts rather than selling whole.
  • Mister W
    Mister W Posts: 791
    I'd say it's worth about £20................. shall I bring cash when I pick it up?

:lol:
  • bellys
    Mister W wrote:
    I'd say it's worth about £20................. shall I bring cash when I pick it up?

:lol:
    :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :D ERRR NO
  • bellys
    thanks for the info people i might keep it as a spare.
    i was looking at this http://www.bicycledoctor.co.uk/p_bianch ... usora.html
  • John.T
    To be honest your old bike is better speced than that. Why not get a good frame and put the bits on that.
  • bellys
    i might do but just wanted some thing new if you know what i mean iv had it 4 yrs and fancy a change.
  • i'm thinking of selling mine soon aswell see below felixs bike and click on it, anyoneone have any odea what she will fetch? i'm only selling as i'm going to oz next year for a year and i need the £££, there is 2 small chips out of the paintwork that i have touched up with the correct coloured paint so it looks not too bad, its done less than a 100 miles all in the dry and has never been on a turbo etc. i have a set of liquigas shorts a short sleeved jersey that i would be willing to sell with it and also a set of michelin pro 3 blue tyres to go with it.

does anyone have any ideas??

thanks
    felix's bike

pedal like you stole something!!!
  • oh it has fulcrum racing 7's and shimano 105 transmission.
    felix's bike

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Regardless of the parts hanging-off it, it's still a basic Raleigh frame and i'd agree about the £150-200 estimate. As stated, strip the decent parts off the bike and buy yourself a new frame.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    i'm thinking of selling mine soon aswell see below felixs bike and click on it, anyoneone have any odea what she will fetch? i'm only selling as i'm going to oz next year for a year and i need the £££, there is 2 small chips out of the paintwork that i have touched up with the correct coloured paint so it looks not too bad, its done less than a 100 miles all in the dry and has never been on a turbo etc. i have a set of liquigas shorts a short sleeved jersey that i would be willing to sell with it and also a set of michelin pro 3 blue tyres to go with it.

thanks

So you call her your baby - you have matching kit - and you say you've done less than 100 miles on her ? Not that keen on cycling then ? Something doesnt add up here ? You love her but dont ride her ?
  • cougie wrote:
    i'm thinking of selling mine soon aswell see below felixs bike and click on it, anyoneone have any odea what she will fetch? i'm only selling as i'm going to oz next year for a year and i need the £££, there is 2 small chips out of the paintwork that i have touched up with the correct coloured paint so it looks not too bad, its done less than a 100 miles all in the dry and has never been on a turbo etc. i have a set of liquigas shorts a short sleeved jersey that i would be willing to sell with it and also a set of michelin pro 3 blue tyres to go with it.

thanks

So you call her your baby - you have matching kit - and you say you've done less than 100 miles on her ? Not that keen on cycling then ? Something doesnt add up here ? You love her but dont ride her ?

i bought it in a 56cm frame and cycled it alot and done thousands of miles on it so thats y i love it, i done London to Paris sept last year and got severe neck and back pains cos i was riding big miles for 5 days on the bounce, so i spoke to a few people and they said the bike was too big for me so i paid £400 to exchange it for a new bike (exact same) as an agreement between me and the owner of my lbs as i said it had been missold to me but thats by the by so thats WHY its done less than 100 miles,i've got all the kit and i love the ride but it has to go cos i need the money for my trip to oz!!! y would i lie about it i ??
    felix's bike

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I seee - so its a bit like Triggers Broom then ?

Expensive to change it over and not ride the thing though ? £4 a mile ? Taxi would be cheaper.

Have fun in Oz.
  • triggers broom???

what are u going about??? are u trying to say i'm lying about it??? i think you're being a bit over analytical don't u?? and at the time of changing it i didnt know i was going to be going to Oz. its probably more than £4 a mile as it has done less than 100 miles (as previously explained!!!!)

And i defo will have fun in O dont u worry about that...
    felix's bike

• very good!!! of course it has all its original components!!!! :x :? :?
    felix's bike