SRAM Rival - Boardman Team 09

madandybell
madandybell Posts: 148
edited December 2008 in Road beginners
Hi All,

Just had a quick look at the spec on the Boardman Team Road 09, it's fitted with SRAM Rival. Havn't really heard much about SRAM stuff and wondered if any really rates it hates it!!

Regards

Comments

• i've ordered one and i think the system was a big pushing point for me, i don't know all the ins and outs but basically, the gear shifters are independent of the brake leavers and you push it all the way across to change up and tap it to change down

also carbon break leavers :)

seems like it's easier than the shimano systems and better as there's less chance to brake as you change gear
  • Looks pretty good, hope they still have them in January with 10% off, I only ordered a £750 voucher for my C2W scheme! Originally going for the Allez Sport but just seen the Boardman Team today!

Fingers crossed eh?!
  • richlong28 wrote:

also carbon break leavers :)

Thanks what I thought - looks like the best value 09 bike under a grand to me!
  • I have a Focus with 2008 Rival groupset and am very pleased with it. Very sweet changes up and down on the cassette, the only negative note is it can sometimes be quite loud when changing chainrings down, but that is a matter of finesse on the control I find! The SRAM brakes are superb, by the way, and stylistically the whole thing looks great. However, despite the carbon levers for 2009 (which I will probably upgrade to) I dislike the black finish of the 09 Rival set... but thats personal preference I guess.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    crabstix.... I have the rival 08 levers too but changing to the carbon levered 09 versions would be very expensive and is only a few grams lighter so unless youre doing it for cosmetic reasons then I wouldn't bother, you could save the same weight in changing handlebar tape alone I would expect! They do look nice though... and I agree that the black mechs and brakes are a design mistake too, what were they thinking.
  • used the '09 rivals now for a fair bit and i really like it, the double tap system to be so easy, haven't had a single problem with it so far thank god :)