Boardman Team Carbon 09

mtb_addict
mtb_addict Posts: 9
edited January 2009 in Road beginners
As a newbie to the road bike world, I thought I'd take the plunge and order a Boardman Team Carbon 09 (£999 retail but effectively nearer £500 under the cycle to work scheme).

Ordered on Friday and picked it up today from Halfords Reading store - my first impressions - its amazing. As a mountain biker, its one hell of a difference in terms of speed and the bike is so light! :)

Cycled from the store back home and was really impressed with the bike - service at the store also really good (lets hope I've not spoken too soon) despite the "horror stories" I've read here.

All in all I'd definitely recommend this if you can afford it.

I can't wait to get riding it again!!

Comments

• spanielsson
    spanielsson Posts: 776
    edited January 2009
    Looks a smart bike for the price, is this now the new Planet X ?

I hope you enjoy it :wink:
  • pud77
    pud77 Posts: 144
    Anyone know when / if we'll have the XL option for the 09 road bikes ? They're there on the 09 spec pdf but not on Halfords site :(
  • I have just taken delivery of a Carbon Team and I have to say it is a beautiful thing. I got mine from BikeHut in Dorking and they had a VIP Boardman evening last night. Got the bike on my firms cycle to work scheme (paid £978 due to new VAT rate) and because I paid for it last night I got a £75 voucher to spend on anything so put it towards a new bike for my daughter. I also got a free Boardman water bottle, free entry into a raffle to win a copy of Nicole Cook's book and a voucher for %20 off any Boardman accessories so got myself a computer too. They even have a check list so you double check all the tyre pressures, saddle height etc and if you are not happy they redo it. Even though I already have pedals they even greased the cranks ready for them! These are all little things but it made buying the bike a real pleasure. Well done BikeHut and well done Boardman.
  • Good stuff - Is looking like my prefered option for c2w this year - you'll have to let us know what it rides like and what Sram rival is like and some photos!!!
  • I am hoping to get out this weekend so will let you know. How do I put up pictures on this site?
  • backo
    backo Posts: 167
    just like the original poster, I am a keen mtb rider. bought my mtb through cycle to work 3 years ago and thought I would get a road bike on a new cycle to work scheme and chose the boardman team carbon 09.

Absolutely love it, obviuosly cant compare to other road bikes but stunned by how responsive, light and stiff the bike is....

Just cant wait for some warmer weather to get some decent miles in!!
  • i'm thoroughly pleased with mine, i love it to bits, i've had it a week and its stayed in my bedroom every night, love it sooo much

i am a keen mountain biker as well and like the origional poster, i found the speed difference immense, i knew it would be different but wow!!
    one thing i wasn't prepared for is the gear ratios up hill, theres this really steep hill near me and i found that even in gear 1-1 i couldn't pedal up it sitting down and its not like i'm a pansy!
    but as soon as i got out the saddle it soon lept forewards :)

definatly reccomend the bike
  • Mark_K
    Mark_K Posts: 666
    Anyone know how this compares to the Carrera Virago Carbon as i've not had a chance to get out and ride either yet but i'm looking to spend around the 1k mark and these 2 bike seem good value !
  • pud77
    pud77 Posts: 144
    Bumping this thread.

Anyone with this bike, or any 09 Boardman ...... we need user reviews and pictures :)