Wyre Forest MTB Routes

landrew
landrew Posts: 69
edited January 2009 in MTB rides
I have just got my first proper MTB (Hard Trail) and was wondering whether anybody knew any good routes in the Wyre Forest. I usually start my rides at the railway track off Dry Mill Lane in Bewdley. I have ridden route 45 and family MTB routes but am looking for something different.
Andy

Comments

• mhuk
    mhuk Posts: 327
    The little car park at the end of a twisty, narrow road? Do you ride towards Button Oak and over the other side? A lot of the tracks are off the fire roads (and well hidden).
  • Yes that;s the one. Have ridden past route Button Oak but have not explored the mountain bike area yet (will wait for some better weather).

I will have to do some exploring to try to find the hidden tracks .
    Andy
  • mounty
    mounty Posts: 682
    I live next to the Wyre and ride it a lot, usually during the week and sometimes at the weekend.... if you would like me to show you around a few new trails, then just drop me an email or something.

Cheers, mounty
  • R34PER
    R34PER Posts: 193
    i would be interested in a run up there too. i havent been up there in ages and i just seemed to spend my day stuck on firetracks last time trying to link up a route. gave up at button oak in the end and came back the road way as it was getting late. that was about 18months ago now though.
  • R34PER
    *edit* double post :oops:
  • mounty
    R34PER.....just give me a shout if fancy a guide around the wyre....loads of singletrack and trails....its a mud fest though....
  • Monty

Thanks for the offer. I am quite busy at work at the moment but will take you up on your offer when thngs get a bit quieter.
    Andy
  • R34PER
    i have a free day on monday since i got made redundant so i think i'm going to go up for a ride then. i normally (well i have once or twice) go in by the visitors centre as i live in stourport and just ride up the bypass or long bank. mounty, the offer is spot on. i'm not planning on sorting out a new job until january so except for this week i'm free pretty much any time this year. although i may pop over to cannock to ride "follow the dog" again for a day in the holidays though as that was a good day out.
  • mounty
    landrew.....no problem, anytime...

R34PER....bad news on the redundancy, sodding credit crunch....... as it happens I ride most Monday's.

I can do Monday, (22nd?) but it will have to be in the morning, as I have an appointment at 1pm, so I need to be back around midday, if that's any good for you ??
  • R34PER
    the redundancy isn't too bad. i never really enjoyed the work anyway and it gives me a little extra cash to upgrade the bike in january :D

monday 22nd morning is perfect, what type of time and where?
  • mounty
    How about 10am at the visitor centre ?

I will be on a gold Kona HT.
  • R34PER
    10am is good for me, i'll be on the P7 (pic link in sig below)
  • mounty
    All sorted then...cheers.
  • mounty
    R34PER.....sorry I might have to cancel Monday's ride, I have been coming down with something over the weekend, not feeling too good at the moment...

See how I feel at the end of the day and I will let you know. Just dont want to go riding and make it worse for Xmas.

I thought I was going to be lucky and get away with it this year ! F***ing great !
  • R34PER
    i have been a little chesty the weekend, asthma is playing up a little i think. i cycled to merry hell and back on friday and felt like my lungs were packing up half way.

not to worry though as i think i will still go up and have a bit of a scout around. maybe test out my new helmet cam too :P

hope you get better soon bud.
  • mounty
    Feeling much better tonight, just been relaxing around the house, see how I feel in the morning, could be ok....

Which cam did you get ? I was looking at a couple on wiggle...
  • R34PER
    the cam i got is pretty mych exactly the same as this but with different branding. it was an impulse buy as i was in a shop, saw it and figured it would be a good long term investment. tried it out earlier, just a razz down the canal and over burlish top and it seems quite good but i had it bar mounted so i think there was a little too much vibration feedback. i will try it on the helmet tomorrow as i suspect that will help a lot. i was on my commuter so i could see my speeds on the computer and 20mph on singletrack looks slow on a camera :shock: so i need to get fitter and faster for the video... and smoother too :? i think i have paid a little more than what its worth though as i didnt shop around but not to worry.

i'll get tomorrows footage on the computer and upload it for you to look at or burn a dvd if we end up on a ride some other time.

i will find a link for the actual camera later on.
  • moggy82
    moggy82 Posts: 726
    Hi guys

there are night rides over the forest aswell, tuesdays normally for me, and wednesdays, 2 other groups, leave duke william at 7-7:30. We normally do a few of the good routes, and would be happy if you tagged along. We might be riding there on the 27th, if we dont get up early enough to get up to landegla!

I have had a OS ATC2K for about a year now, see my video on utube if you search redhill extreme summer 2008 you should find it! Bit low res, and too virbatory on the bars, but nice size and not too heavy! My username is same as on here aswell if you cant find it, i cant link as youtube is locked from the work network!
  • mounty
    moggy82.....I have not done any night riding, only commuting at night.

I would like to give it a go though, perhaps before investing in some better lights.

Currently only running an alpkit helmet light and some old electron bar lights at the moment...
  • moggy82
    moggy82 Posts: 726
    You might ber okay giving it a go. Let me know if you fancy it tomorrow night! i might be able to borrow my mates Vision 1 if your worried your lights arent upto it!
  • mounty
    Is the hope vison 1 any good ?

Looks a bit ugly though! :-)

I have been looking at that one for a while, only 75 quid @ crc
  • I know the forest quite well , so wouild be more than willing to show people around.
    Should either be over there either tomorrow night or tuesday 30th from the Dke William car park @ 7PM.
    Crashing hard since 94...
  • R34PER
    i wouldnt mind a go one day but at the moment i doubt i'd keep up especially as i have never been on a night ride except for commuting. also i dont have a good enough light for night rides, just a couple of tesco torches strapped to the bars on my commuter.
  • eddyesi
    eddyesi Posts: 198
    wouldnt mind trying to piggy back onto one of these night rides too, any regular ones this year. Usually ride the chase but its a trek from bromsgrove, so looking for local ones to keep the miles down
  • hi wouldnt mind meeting up for a sunday am ride is there is one going