Epic Cycles Spring Challenge 2009 OPEN for entry

FondoMan
FondoMan Posts: 85
Hi All - just a quick note to say that the Epic Cycles Spring Challenge (14th March) has just opened for entries at http://www.epic-cycles.co.uk/challenge.htm

The Challenge sold out very quickly in 2006 and 2007, and the entry limit remains unchanged for 2009 at 200 as we think that is the limit for parking within easy walking distance of the shop/HQ. The route is tweaked again next year, with the full leg-bursting climb of the Clees making a welcome return via some interesting country lanes And the weather surely can't be in the Autumn Epic's league!

The website has details of the event, but we'll be adding to it over the next few days, including Cycling Plus's excellent write up from earlier this year.

Once again, all net proceeds go to the West Midlands Air Ambulance and the price stays at £10.

Cheers, Phil.

Comments

• First 1/3rd of places have already gone! Even faster than last year :o
  • Two days after opening for entries and close to 2/3rds of places have now gone...looks like another boom year for sportives in 2009 :wink:
  • Phil, I see that this event is filling very quickly. It is good to see that sportive market booming despite the recession.

I'm having to cajole my Beacon RCC colleagues to enter quickly and avoid disappointment.

Hope the event goes well on the day.
  • Hi all - the Spring Challenge is now sold out - 4.5 days after opening for entry!

Philip - I see a few Beacon riders are on the list - shame you can't make it. We have a few riders planning to take on your Beacon RCC events next year in return - the Little Mountain TT, LVRC race and probably the Snowdrop ride. Great club website by the way!!
  • FondoMan wrote:
    Hi all - the Spring Challenge is now sold out - 4.5 days after opening for entry!

Philip - I see a few Beacon riders are on the list - shame you can't make it. We have a few riders planning to take on your Beacon RCC events next year in return - the Little Mountain TT, LVRC race and probably the Snowdrop ride. Great club website by the way!!

Well done on selling out so quickly. I am sure this is well deserved. 4.5 days must be a record for your sportives. I can see that I will need to be quick off the mark for entering you Autumn Epic next October. Sadly, I am away for your Devil Ride. :cry:

Thanks for your feedback about the website. It will be great to see the Epic crowd at our Little Mountain Time Trial at the end of April.

If you do enter our February Snowdrop and Sunrise Express Audax, you will no longer have to deal with the usual AudaxUK rigmarole of entry forms and 2 SAEs, by booking online at our website: http://www.beaconrcc.org.uk/audax/index.html

Online booking is also available for the Cotswold's audax on 21st June.

.....is there anything else I can plug whilst I am here :lol: